Busy day at the post office today.

• 3.4K Views
  • Last Post 28 January 2014
MKastning posted this 06 January 2014

Mailed out the first 5 postal target packages today.  BC Canada, Ohio, Minnesota, and California.

Also, picked up in the mail a couple more postal entry orders that should go out tomorrow!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
MKastning posted this 27 January 2014

2014 Postal entries hit the 200 mark today. Nearly 1/3 of the 2013 total.

Postal targets sent out to Idaho, Indiana, Oregon, and California a few minutes ago. The lady at the post office really appreciates the business, especially since rates went up this morning!

I find myself wondering if we could get postal entrants in each of the 50 states. More to come on that project... anyone in Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, South Dakota, South Carolina.....??

Attached Files

fa38 posted this 27 January 2014

Sounds like more than a part time job. Thanks.

Attached Files

Thanks Martin! My wife tells me the same thing about it. The kids however have a great deal of fun helping me get the targets out. They always ask “where are they going” and they test each other about the state abbreviation, and how far it is from South Dakota. Sometimes, they set up an assembly line for printing tech sheets, folding, stapling, and envelope stuffing after Dad assigns the entry number and date due. All paid with .22 ammo and frequent trips to the range. :)

The thing they think is the neatest is that people from all over the county and potentially the world get to compete against each other in a match. Ages 8,9, and 11 and they have the core objective of the postals figured out. :) Kids are great, aren't they?

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 27 January 2014

Hang on Mike. Just trying to decide which one or two .

Attached Files

No rush Richard! I need to get my order in too.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 27 January 2014

MKastning wrote: Thanks Martin! My wife tells me the same thing about it. The kids however have a great deal of fun helping me get the targets out. They always ask “where are they going” and they test each other about the state abbreviation, and how far it is from South Dakota. Sometimes, they set up an assembly line for printing tech sheets, folding, stapling, and envelope stuffing after Dad assigns the entry number and date due. All paid with .22 ammo and frequent trips to the range. :)

The thing they think is the neatest is that people from all over the county and potentially the world get to compete against each other in a match. Ages 8,9, and 11 and they have the core objective of the postals figured out. :) Kids are great, aren't they? Mike, Yes kids are great.  I remember when ours were that age or a little younger they were a great help with collecting 22LR empties for their collection and helping with reloading.  Enjoy them while you can. John

Attached Files

CB posted this 28 January 2014

Mike, have you considered printing your postage on line, so all you need to do is give your packages to the Post Office and run? I've been shipping like that for a couple of years now.

Attached Files

MKastning posted this 28 January 2014

I have looked into the online postage, and may move to it at some point.

Elk Point, SD is pretty small. The post office is only 300 feet from my office door, and only 4 blocks from my home. I don't mind the vist with the post lady. She usually has me out of there inside of 5 minutes, and I need to pick up the mail anyway.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 28 January 2014

Mike,

Days from the past! My PO is 11 miles away, after they closed all sub-stations last year. There is always a line at 0900 when they open up with one clerk. People are sending Postal Money orders to Mexico, so the wait is usually 1/2 hour at least. At 1300 another clerk arrives to keep the line down to about 30 people till they close at 1630. This PO serves 125,000 people within 20 mile radius.

Now I print my postage on the home computer and if I have to ship boxes, it is FedEx.

Ric

Attached Files

MKastning posted this 28 January 2014

Oh my Rick! Ours has one clerk, and a busy time when there are 3 people other than the clerk in the building!

Attached Files

Close