Savage SUCKS

• 6.4K Views
  • Last Post 31 January 2015
6pt-sika posted this 17 January 2014

I've been dealing with Savage Arms for going on three months now to remedy a problem I had with one of their products !

About 45 days ago they told me they couldn't fix the problem and would replace it with something of my choice at a discounted price .

After we agreed on the item and amount of cost to me it's been about a month with nothing in my hands .

I am pretty certain when the new gun arrives I will sell it as well as one of my other Savage guns .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Vassal posted this 18 January 2014

It's hard to know what to think of this without details about the issue(s)

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 18 January 2014

It's pretty easy when you read the part that says we came to an agreement more then a month ago and I've not seen it yet !

And the “nice” lady there told me it would be sent ASAP !

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 18 January 2014

I've had no problems in many transactions. The Savage forum has few to no reports of problems. Experiences and employees differ-but I do like the guns. What are you waiting for, I've got some parts.

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 18 January 2014

I guess it just hasn't been possible yet.  When you do get it you should sell that piece of junk,,, cheap,,, on this forum.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 18 January 2014

I've had nothing but good luck with Savage customer service up to this point. Sent the extractor spring and little ball sailing one time, my fault, made a call and had three of each at my house in less than a week free of charge. Besides that I never had an issue with any of their guns. I think they make a great product and if I was in the market for a new long gun a Savage would be my first second and third choice.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 18 January 2014

Vassal wrote: I guess it just hasn't been possible yet.  When you do get it you should sell that piece of junk,,, cheap,,, on this forum.I'll more then likely sell what they send me . But not here it'll be sold on gunbroker just like anything else I sell and at fair market value . Just because I no longer care for something doesn't mean I'm going to give it to you . 

Attached Files

Vassal posted this 19 January 2014

At least I tried,,,,

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 19 January 2014

Vassal wrote: At least I tried,,,, Yup ;)

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 20 January 2014

Well I will now ammended my take on Savage the nice CR lady sent me an email today saying g they had three recently assembled Muzzle loaders and I could have one if those instead of the cartridge rifle . After I told her that would be great she said they'd second day air it tomorrow .

Attached Files

Blindstitch posted this 21 June 2014

Ok so what cartridge rifle did you have a problem with that a muzzleloader is going to cure?

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 15 August 2014

FWIW the Savage 10ML-II 50 cal they finally sent me to replace the other was sold a month or so ago for about a $500 profit over what I had in the original ML .

Attached Files

Pentz posted this 17 August 2014

Attached Files

goodsteel posted this 29 December 2014

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 29 December 2014

Let's keep our opinions to ourselves fellas

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 31 January 2015

Some years back I had a problem with Browning. I had a Browning (Winchester model 71) in .348 and it didn't have a SAAMI spec. lead.

I corresponede with them and at their request, shipped the rifle to them. They shipped it back with a letter explaining that I could ship it to one of 3 listed gunsmiths and they would fix it at my expence. I complained and since it was their product and they made it, they should pay for the correction work (not a repair). They had me shipped the riflet othem a second time after which they shipped it back saying there wasn't anything wrong with the firearm.

After that experience, I felt that as long as a firearm operated properly, weather correct or not, they wouldn't touch it. Granted, if there is something malfuctioning, they (most manufacturers)will fix it just to keep the lawyers from their front door.

Also, during one of the discussions, I had to admitt that factory (jacketed) ammo operated perfectly but due to the non SAAMI spec lead, it wouldn't shoot cast bullets worth a darn. They were quick to state that their firearms are not designed to shoot reloads period. Any further discussion was mute.

Attached Files

Close