New to me Ruger Carbine

• 2.2K Views
  • Last Post 10 January 2015
gpidaho posted this 08 January 2015

Worn out old men on SSI budgets should just stay out of gentlemens clubs and pawn shops if they expect to eat well and pay the power bill.  I walked into a local establishment yesterday (pawn shop) to pick up a few cheap deep sockets to use for brass holders when annealing brass.  There she was! Wearing nothing but a Leupold VX-II scope and a take me home look. Well new member of the family.  Ruger Model 77/357mag stainless  Leupold VX-II scope  18 1/2 barrel one in 16 twist and a five shot rotary mag even the trigger guard is made of stainless on this little under 7lb. carbine.  Like all Rugers looks to be built like a tank.  Looking forward to working with this one. Well ramen noodles and PB&J got me this far. Priorities.    GP

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
OU812 posted this 08 January 2015

Great find. Just another project to help keep mind occupied...and to spend more money on.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 09 January 2015

A great find. 38's and .357's are my new .22's.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 09 January 2015

DsKid: That's been my thought for a couple of yrs. now. We are kind of a 357 family, six now between me and the kids(all grown) So this was a good fit. With all the moulds and sizers already on hand. Should be a lot of fun. In fact I traded a 22 single six convertible for 1/2 the price of the carbine-scope package. Just don't feel good about 15 cent each hard to find 22s GP

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 09 January 2015

Just to add this to your illness, were you aware that the 357 and 7.62x39 share the same shell holder? There could be a new wildcat 35x39 short on the horizon!

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 10 January 2015

D: That's what I need! More enablement. Good thing I have no female supervision. That would be a great cast round in my opinion. I'm a big fan of the 762x39R and 35cals. Kind of like the 300 Blackout idea but larger cal. I think the 35x39 would be an excellent sub-sonic for shooting suppressed GP

Attached Files

Took a few measurements, 35x39 sure wouldn't have much of a shoulder. Kind of a rimless 44-40 look. Well, I usually seat into the rifling anyway. Interesting.  GP

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 10 January 2015

GP, consider the Ackley Improved version of the .358” X 39MM.

Attached Files

Dang Guys, read my motto! All this considerin' is making my head hurt. I might have to consider some of it tomorrow. Just got started here ya know. LOL Thanks for your thoughts guys. GP

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 10 January 2015

RicinYakima wrote: GP, consider the Ackley Improved version of the .358” X 39MM.
OR 9x39 AI ?  

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 10 January 2015

I understand completely. But, a guy could have worse weaknesses. Congratulations, I'm jealous. Wanted one of those for a long time.

Attached Files

Close