Please allow me to introduce myself

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 24 October 2016
M3 Mitch posted this 28 September 2015

New to the forum, have been a CBA member since about 1982.  Live in Eastern Washington state.  Interested in all sorts of cast bullet shooting, also shoot .22 rimfire and shotguns - 12, 16, 20, .410.  Big bore, small bore, whatever.  Mostly a plinker, I have not done any serious competition shooting (but am not unwilling to try).  Hunt on and off, many years I get so damn busy at work right around hunting season that I am forced to sit it out. 

Anyway, looking forward to a good exchange of information with you all!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 28 September 2015

hey welcome PLINKER !!

i keep thinking i should be embarrassed by my slovenly attitude that plinking is the goal, and competition is just the R&D phase of developing good plinking equipment ...

i did succumb to the urge to beat my buddies for a few years and shot rf 4 position .... then the rf ara benchest madness ... but all the time i knew my true destiny was to destroy pepsi cans, preferably water filled ... and with plainbased big wide bullets, best launched by a weathered old rifle created at least 60 years before the AR16 ...

” hello, my name is ken ;;; i am a plinker ... ”

we have a pretty good turnout at those plinker meetings ... ( g ) .

ken

( oh, i am working on a secret project cb rifle that will no doubt set new records ... i spose a little spark of insanity still smolders up there ... )

Attached Files

bigbore52 posted this 28 September 2015

Welcome also Mitch.....I'm a relative newbie also and can let you know there's a nice bunch of folk on this forum.....love your intro title - has been used a few times previously especially by The Stones....:vio:

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 29 September 2015

Ha ha, Bigbore, I was thinking about adding “I'm a man of wealth and taste” - but that seemed bragadocious, so I didn't. Although I think my collection of guns, moulds, and other equipment reflects at least decent taste, lots of old Model 70's with Lyman 48 sights, a Hollywood press, several Single Action Armys, etc. Although this is all more of a testament to being old, than to being rich!!!

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 24 October 2016

I am not sure if this is the place to inquire, but I have been a CBA member since about 1982. Who do I ask to have my status changed to “CBA Member"?

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 24 October 2016

Ask Mike McLaughlin. His contact info is inside front cover of Fouling Shot.  Or find him here in several threads and PM him. John

Attached Files

Close