Repairing on old Marbles tang .

• 1.2K Views
  • Last Post 13 December 2015
Bob 11B50 posted this 13 December 2015

My old 1892 Win. carbine with an old Marbles tang sight got dropped in some dirt and sand.  While cleaning it I lost the small detent spring that holds the post verticle.  The present Marbles company couldn't help me. I searched all sorts of lists and finally found a fellow on Paco Kelley's Marlin levergun forum.  There is a fellow, Mike Maraccini, N 5837 Co. Rd. 607, Iron Mountain, Michigan 49810, that used to work for the old Marbles Co. and has some of the parts for repairing the Marbles sights.   I sent him my sight and he replaced the detent spring and set the sight up so  that it now works properly.  He has an email address: [email protected]; and his phone num ber is 906-774-7731.  The cost was very reasonable, and the turnaround time was incredible. If you have an old Marbles sight that needs work, keep Mike in mind.  I don't have any connection with Mike, Marblesfix, or the new Marbles Co. and I don't receive any sort of compensation for anyrefferals.  I'm just a sattisfied customer.Bob 11B50     

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 13 December 2015

always glad to hear there are still real people out there.

gives me some hope .

i like the old tang sights ... i can actually shoot with them even with these dim old eyes ... occasionally teach some young whippersnapper ...

ken

Attached Files

Close