Powder Situation

• 1.7K Views
  • Last Post 26 April 2016
cove posted this 05 April 2016

Is the shortage of powder easing up?  If so it may be at a cost,  I live on an island in S.E. Alaska and am used to paying high prices.  Latest example, a one pound can of H110 at a cost of $40.94.  That being said, I was happy be able to get it.  Cove

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 05 April 2016

Master Powder Distributor in Virginia several weeks ago had pallet loads in the bunker and I bought an 8-lb caddy of W231 for $189. Unfortunately he doesn't ship, you must be a regular customer, pick up and pay cash only.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

karlrudin posted this 26 April 2016

To answer your overall question, I think the powder situation is starting to get better. It took a long time to find specific powders in my area. We have only 2 gun stores locally that stock powders. One is expensive and the other is worse. I paid $32 for a pound of H110 this year. Which is average for all their powders. It also took 3 years to find Unique in my area. I feel your pain with the cost since I spent time in Hawaii. About the same cost of living. But, like  you said, just be glad we can get some now :D

Attached Files

Close