How do short nosed reloads feed in a 94?

• Last Post 10 July 2016
Canuck Bob posted this 14 May 2016

I've been considering a 94 plinker in the 120 gr. range.  Something like the famous soupcan.  How do short nosed cast loads feed in a tight action 94?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 14 May 2016

They don't. That's why I came up with 31-155D plainbased bullet for my .30-30 plinkers, using 4-6 grains of Bullseye.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Larry Gibson posted this 14 May 2016

I think it depends on the M94 and the shape of the bullet. If the M94 correctly feeds the cartridge from the magazine to lifter and the bolt pushes it straight off the lifter into the chamber there shouldn't be any feeding issues. I've shot thousands of 311008s, 311316s, 313631s and the Lee TL314-90-SWCs through numerous M94s over the years w/o a hitch.

LMG

Concealment is not cover.........

Attached Files

Canuck Bob posted this 14 May 2016

Ed, is that the same mold as on Accurate's site by the same name?http://www.accuratemolds.com/bulletdetail.php?bullet=31-155D-D.png

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 14 May 2016

Yes, it is. My design for .30-30

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Canuck Bob posted this 10 July 2016

Ed, I researched your design and some similar on the net. In one thread you mention the rounded edge of the meplat is important. Could you elaborate a bit please?

Also this is planned for a 32 Special. Do you see any problems in adjusting the specs?

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 10 July 2016

Canuck Bob wrote: Ed, I researched your design and some similar on the net. In one thread you mention the rounded edge of the meplat is important. Could you elaborate a bit please?

Also this is planned for a 32 Special. Do you see any problems in adjusting the specs? Avoids having a sharp corner hang up on the entrance edge of the chamber on some rifles. If your rifle will feed EMPTY cases, then neither this nor short-nosed bullets are an issue.

But mine won't.

No problem ordering the mold and just having Tom adjust diameters to fit the .32 Win. Special.  There is already a .35 version for the .35/.30-30 the 36-245D.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Close