Conversation

• Last Post 10 October 2016
Brodie posted this 18 August 2016

This has little to do with shooting, but I thought I would pass this along.  I spent a pleasant half hour yesterday talking with one of the original Tuskeegee Airmen.  He was waiting for his wife to finish her physical therapy and I was early for my appointment. What a fine gentleman he was with an excellent sense of humor and a fine turn of phrase.  I enjoyed my time with him immensely .  Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • malar
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 18 August 2016

Thanks for sharing. If you ever see the old gent again please send our fondest regards.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

oscarflytyer posted this 21 August 2016

Living history! I am jealous!

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • malar
daboone posted this 10 October 2016

oscarflytyer wrote: Living history! I am jealous! Me Too! Last month I saw a man wearing a Tuskegee Airman ball cap at the TSA area of Hobby Airport. So I ask him about it. Turns out his grandfather was a member of one of the air crews. This gentleman was very proud of his grandpa and rightly so. I felt privileged just to have met him.   As a non sequitur after I boarded the SW flight the Flight Attendant announced that we had a Marine Korean War Vet onboard. Everyone on that plane gave a their approval with a loud round of clapping and cheers.

Just Googled this info:"According to statistics released by the Veteran's Administration, our World War II vets are dying at a rate of approximately 492 a day. This means there are approximately only 855,070 veterans remaining of the 16 million who served our nation in World War II."

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 10 October 2016

a moment i remember was meeting an older gent that was still flying in the confederate air force exhibitions ... happened to be in a waiting room in groesbeck texas in 1990... me being a wannabee pilot i was fascinated ....

funny how that fast half hour is remembered so fondly ...

magic moments... maybe i should write a song ...

ken

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 10 October 2016

I hope this comes through......... Some years ago I was flying a trip with General Jimmy Doolittle on board.  We had a while to talk, and boy, I took advantage of it, in spades!  We talked about his flying the Gee Bee Sportster (A real killer, nicknamed the “flying Pickle Barrel” because it seemed that all the airframe did, was to give the huge engine a small hint of the direction you wanted to go ) and many other aeronautical subjects.  What a privilege that was.                                                      We also had a Captain with us who taught Lindbergh to fly--Harlan “Bud” Gurney, one of the original Airmail Pilots, as was Lindbergh.And I also met and kinda got to know Joe Foss, (Medal of Honor.). What a modest, great person he was; he'll be another standout in my mind forever.                                             Between my working for United Airlnes, and my work for the Nevada State Rifle and Pistol Association I had so man opportunities to meet such great people.  I feel truly privileged. Bill Glaze

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Close