Frankenlube

• Last Post 20 September 2016
Eutectic posted this 16 September 2016

Ralph Schneider has a large collection of dead lubricants acquired over years of testing. He decided to cut down the mortuary storage problem by mixing all the best lubricants. All those lubes which were used by the top 50% of competitors at CBA matches were selected. Lesser lubes were sent to the dungeon. The result was a large pot of lube with some lubricants which did not melt completely. The non-cooperating components were fished out and buried with a wooden stake to prevent resurrection. The creation is a highly selected combination guaranteed to express the best qualities of each of the components. It is possible electricity was used in the conjoining process, the exact method is of course secret. The result is a brownish-gray soft lube with a light odor which is complex and enigmatic. Since it was born by melting, I applied it to heated 38 wadcutters and as expected, it smoothly liquefied to an even coating and gripped the bullets tightly. Subsequent testing showed the grip was inhumanly strong and prevented the lead from contacting barrel. The bullets were positively guided to the target which was a picture of a dark castle on a hill top in Transylvania. Science has triumphed!   

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 16 September 2016

LOL! Can I get a sample label?5

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 16 September 2016

I like that idea of blending them together.

Attached Files

cba_admin posted this 17 September 2016

Do you have any idea the lubes are?

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 17 September 2016

I have no idea what is in it. By the smell alox is there, no surprise about that. 

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 18 September 2016

Sounds like something Frank Marshall and Sid Mussselman did...

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 19 September 2016

I especially like the part about fishing out anything that didn't readily melt & tossing it.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 19 September 2016

...probably fished out rat skeletons, rusty hose clamps, ...maybe some dropped pistol primer cups ... i always wondered where those get to ...

ken

Attached Files

Maven posted this 20 September 2016

Not surprised to learn that RS concocted that lube.  His article, “Cast Bullet Lubricants” ca. 2002 was an excellent compilation of then extant bullet lubes.:dude:

Attached Files

Close