Hollywood Senior Turret Press

• Last Post 01 November 2016
greenhorn posted this 31 October 2016

Just joined the CBA forum and posted in the “Introduce Yourself” forum. I recently was given an old Hollywood press that belonged to my grandfather. As my name suggest, I really have very little knowledge in reloading and beginning to understand it is quite a big world. I was able to get it all pretty cleaned up and it seems to be in good working order as far as moving parts. I believe I have all dies required to reload 12ga. Since that is the only gun I own at the moment it works out well, plus it being an heirloom of sorts getting it up and running has some other value to me. I am having a hard time finding info on these machines and how to set up my dies to even begin reloading shot shells. I have tried a couple other online forums and have a couple good leads, but trying as many avenues as possible. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. I'll try posting a picture of most of what was in the box to give and idea of what it have. Some of the dies have several components when broken down. I also have 4 adapters so as to fit smaller dies for loading handgun and rifle rounds, a couple RCBS shell holders and a couple more priming setters (sorry if that's not proper lingo).  Thanks in advance and take care. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 31 October 2016

I am sure there are people on this forum that can help, but you might try http://www.antiquereloadingtools.com . The one thing I know about these are they are very well made and very expensive when I see them for sale.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 31 October 2016

Antique Reloading Tool Collectors web site has lots of information and copies of instructions.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 31 October 2016

greenhorn,

Welcome to the CBA forum. I think you will find this a good place to learn from each other so don't be bashful either when you have a question or an answer to someone else's question.   The CBA has a standing offer to new forum members of a couple of issues of our journal The Fouling Shot.  If you would like to read a few articles about various aspects of cast bullet shooting just PM me your email address and I will send you digital copies.  We hope that after taking a look you will want to join us and get the Fouling Shot on a regular basis. But if not we promise not to bug you further.

John

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 31 October 2016

greenhorn: Happy for you. Not many get to start out on that nice of equipment. Gp

Attached Files

greenhorn posted this 01 November 2016

Thanks for the replies. I will look into the Antique Reloading Tools website. I'm looking forward to getting some answers as to how to get this reloader up and running. Also, looking forward to getting further into this hobby and community. Seems like a lot of good people willing to lend a hand. Take care

Attached Files

Close