remington factory auction

• 1K Views
  • Last Post 31 December 2016
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 16 November 2016

some never get the word ... “  ken here  ” ...

but i got a notice from a machinery auction house today that i can buy remington's machinery at the hickory kentucky plant ....  some nice stuff by the way ...

any input ??...  moving to mexico ?...chow mein city ?? ....

think i will hold off selling my usa remingtons for a while.

ken

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 16 November 2016

This tells the story:

http://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=remington>Remington Press Release Huntsville, AL ”€œ Remington Outdoor Company announced its plan today to close its Mayfield, Kentucky firearms operations in an effort to become more organizationally focused and competitive. Approximately 200 employees will be affected. The operation will be consolidated into their Huntsville, Alabama operation. Actual plant closure and transition to Huntsville will take several months. The two plants are roughly 250 miles apart. The Mayfield facility has been in operation for nearly 20 years and although there is a great team at this location the strategic decision to consolidate centered on three competitively oriented areas:

”¢ Logistical proximity and freight synergies ”¢ Organizational synergy and focus with engineering, sales and marketing ”¢ Facility overhead leverage and streamlining outplacement services.Employees will be    offered severance pay and employment services

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 17 November 2016

What is are “synergies"? I can't find it in my dictionary.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 17 November 2016

You need to get a new dictionary.

syn·er·gy (sÄ­n”²Ã‰â„¢r-jÄ“) n. pl. syn·er·gies 1. The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects. 2. Cooperative interaction among groups, especially among the acquired subsidiaries or merged parts of a corporation, that creates an enhanced combined effect. 3. An instance of either such interaction.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Westhoff posted this 17 November 2016

O.K. In the time it took me to go upstairs to my loading room/office over the garage (attached) and look it up, chefreiss had your answer for you. By the way, his dictionary must be REALLY big! Mine just said “SYNERGY: Combined work or energy"...And the reason I leave the dictionary up there is it's too dang heavy to try to pack around to whichever room I happen to be in when I need it.

Wes

Attached Files

I keep my dictionary handy, just above my ears. Just kidding, however I do know how to use the internet.

Attached Files

Thanks! It is one of the “new” made up words. It is not in my Webster's New Collegiate nor New World Dictionary of the American Language. Every time I try to look up dictionary on the internet it wants to sell me something.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 17 November 2016

If I had uttered that word when I worked for Ruger, WBR would have fired me....

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Westhoff posted this 17 November 2016

Doggone it, Ric! Now you made made me go all the way back up to my loading room, just to look at the Copyright date on my 20 lb. dictionary!

It's WEBSTER'S THIRD NEW INTERNATIONAL DICTIONARY (Unabridged), Copyright 1986.

Now, I'm old enough (89 and counting) to call something invented before 1986 “NEW", but I've met you out a Paul Bunyan, and you're not far enough past the whippersnapper stage to qualify.

Your dictionary, however, may be much older than you are.

Wes

Attached Files

For all you old guys, here it is again, “internet".

Attached Files

I am so sorry, Wes. But I love it when you call a 69 year old, “Whippersnapper"! My New Collegiate I bought while at Miami University in 1966, so it may be a little old-ish.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 17 November 2016

David is right that's one thing the internet is good for although I keep my Am Heritage Dictionary within arms reach of my desk.  Anything is better than the sorry excuse that Bill puts in MS Word which must have only a thousand words in it. John

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 17 November 2016

It used to be called 'double-speak'.

Attached Files

Maven posted this 17 November 2016

If you're referring to the word “synergy” as double speak or even a “new” usage (neologism) , you're incorrect as that word derives from the Greek sunergia (cooperation) and sunergos (working together) according to my AHD of the English Language, 3rd ed.

Attached Files

Well, since “synergy” was never used in the English or American English, it is a made up word. Otherwise we would have used the ancient Greek word or words that are no longer spoken in Greece (but maybe Cyprus?).

Attached Files

cba_admin posted this 19 November 2016

Ric - don't look up dictionary just go to google and search the word.  It will give you lots of info. Mike

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 19 November 2016

Thanks!

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 19 November 2016

If you guys spent more time shooting bullets, than the breeze, well. Oops, I am becoming one of you old guys.  Don't you just love me!:nawnawnaw:

Question of the day:

If a 69 year old is a whippersnapper, then what is a 58 year old, a “whipper” or a “snapper", because I can't find it on the internet. 

Attached Files

10Speed posted this 20 November 2016

tturner53 wrote: It used to be called 'double-speak'. Corporate buzz word.  Yes, we need to think outside the box and proactively leverage our synergies for the win-win.

Attached Files

Catshooter posted this 28 November 2016

Here is the translation of the corporate double speak:

We here in management have screwed up so badly and for so long now that it has finally catching up with us and our sales are plummeting, so we have to take it out on labor by closing the plant. It's not our fault, really. We here in (mis)management always take full credit for anything that goes right, but we never, ever take responsibility for our screw-ups.

Cat

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 19 December 2016

If I'm not mistaken Browning used Synergy or Cynergy for the name of their latest group of O/U's . Think they've been around 5-10 years now . IMHO not overly attractive for an O/U but to each his own .

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 31 December 2016

Working in aerospace for Boeing, I remember new words by airplane model, “Synergy” came into common aerospace buzz word usage with the 777, introduced about 1992. The concept was including the airlines in the design phase to insure a usable product that a team built and this combined effort which would give the airplane “synergy". 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Close