Free Copy of the World's Best Cast Bullet Magazine

• 2.8K Views
  • Last Post 12 February 2017
John Alexander posted this 25 January 2013

Notice: There is no longer a time limit on this offer. I have belonged to the Cast Bullet Association for over 35 years and, for me, The Fouling Shot, the CB bi-monthly journal, is the best gun related magazine available. If you are interested in shooting cast bullets in modern or antique rifles and pistols or surplus military rifles and would like to do it better or just enjoy reading what others are doing with cast bullets there is nothing comparable to The Fouling Shot. I sometimes hear the complaint that the CBA is only for snooty competition shooters with fancy custom rifles. THIS IS NONSENSE. Articles in the Fouling Shot cover a wide variety of cast bullet topics but are seldom about competitive shooting and even more seldom about custom built guns. Also our shooters who enjoy competition are a friendly bunch -- well OK we do have a couple of grouches. I am constantly amazed that quite a few members of this free forum, which is provided by the CBA, aren't members. Then I realized that it had to be because they didn't know what they were missing. I also realized that I could do something about that. About a year ago the CBA started giving members the option of receiving the Fouling Shot in PDF format over the Internet or staying with a printed copy. A growing number of our members are choosing email delivery which is also somewhat cheaper than receiving paper copies. I will be happy to send any forum members a free copy of a recent issue of the Fouling Shot so they can make their own judgment. If you would like to have a free copy, send me an email to - [email protected] and I will email you a recent issue. PLEASE use the address above instead of using the PM feature of this forum. I would like to keep things in one place. Just so paying members of the CBA who are now getting hardcopy Fouling Shots don't feel left out. The same offer is open to you if you would like to take a look at a digital copy. Who knows, after seeing a digital copy you may want to change over to receive future Fouling Shots a bit sooner and with better pictures as well as having the advantage of digital storage instead of those stacks in your basement that may some day fall over and crush a pet or small child. John Alexander President of the CBA

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
99 Strajght posted this 26 January 2013

I did not join for foolish reasons for 30 years until John sent me a digital copy of the Fouling Shot. I joined and now I don't want to be without it. Try it, You will like it.

Attached Files

Clod Hopper posted this 26 January 2013

I get three gun mags: The American Rifleman, American Handgunner, and The Fouling Shot. TFS brightens my day the most. I used to buy the other gun rags, but got tired of the same old thing. I reread each TFS about every six months depending what I am working on. It is my main reference.

Dale M. Lock

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 27 January 2013

99 Straight and Clod Hopper,

Thanks for your supportive comments. Glenn Latham, our editor, works hard to put out an excellent product and deserves a word of thanks now and then.

John

Attached Files

99 Strajght posted this 31 January 2013

What are you waiting for. Try a free copy today. I never thought I would like anything digital but I was wrong. I can now have all of my issues in my computer and not in a lost stack someplace that I can never find what I want.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 02 February 2013

OK, ever the optimist I thought I would be flooded with requests for free copies. I am disappointed in how few of you non members are curious. I thought that an active curiosity was a characteristic of cast bullet shooters.

However, since the flood of requests was modest I have removed the time limit and will keep this offer open for a while longer.

John

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 02 February 2013

Just joined today.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 03 February 2013

Pigslayer wrote: Just joined today.

Glad to hear it. Welcome.

John

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 05 February 2013

I just learned today that the Fouling Shots that I had sent to one member didn't get there and I received no notice of non-delivery.

If you have asked for sample Fouling Shots and haven't received them let me know and I will try again. I send them for every request but apparently at least one wound up in cyberspace.

John

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 16 February 2013

Notice: There is no longer a time limit on this offer. I have belonged to the Cast Bullet Association for over 35 years and, for me, The Fouling Shot, the CB bi-monthly journal, is the best gun related magazine available. If you are interested in shooting cast bullets in modern or antique rifles and pistols or surplus military rifles and would like to do it better or just enjoy reading what others are doing with cast bullets there is nothing comparable to The Fouling Shot. I sometimes hear the complaint that the CBA is only for snooty competition shooters with fancy custom rifles. THIS IS NONSENSE. Articles in the Fouling Shot cover a wide variety of cast bullet topics but are seldom about competitive shooting and even more seldom about custom built guns. Also our shooters who enjoy competition are a friendly bunch -- well OK we do have a couple of grouches. I am constantly amazed that quite a few members of this free forum, which is provided by the CBA, aren't members. Then I realized that it had to be because they didn't know what they were missing. I also realized that I could do something about that. About a year ago the CBA started giving members the option of receiving the Fouling Shot in PDF format over the Internet or staying with a printed copy. A growing number of our members are choosing email delivery which is also somewhat cheaper than receiving paper copies. I will be happy to send any forum members a free copy of a recent issue of the Fouling Shot so they can make their own judgment. If you would like to have a free copy, send me an email to - [email protected] and I will email you a recent issue. PLEASE use the address above instead of using the PM feature of this forum. I would like to keep things in one place. Just so paying members of the CBA who are now getting hardcopy Fouling Shots don't feel left out. The same offer is open to you if you would like to take a look at a digital copy. Who knows, after seeing a digital copy you may want to change over to receive future Fouling Shots a bit sooner and with better pictures as well as having the advantage of digital storage instead of those stacks in your basement that may some day fall over and crush a pet or small child. John Alexander President of the CBA

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 16 February 2013

:coffee    To illuminate your point:

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 21 February 2013

John: Nice thing you're doing. I joined a few years ago, when I realized that my cast bullet shooting was going nowhere (accuracy wise) unless I got some outside help. After getting on this forum, I realized from the different categories outlined here on the forum that the CBA was exactly what I needed. I joined, and it has been even more helpful that I expected. I began casting bullets back in 1952 as a (very) young man, and my joining the CBA after so long indicates, to me at least, that I'm a very slow learner. But--better late than never, as it is said.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Buzzard Bill posted this 22 February 2013

Have tried twice for my copy of fouling shot on your Email let me know if I need to do something different. Thanks Bill

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 23 February 2013

Bill,

I get a batch of emails every day and have sent out a number of pdf copies of the Fouling Shot. I have no idea why your emails haven't made it though.

Try the PM button and include your email address and I will send the latest issue right out.

If that doesn't work send a post card. For all the bad mouthing it gets the USPS is pretty reliable.

John

Attached Files

Mike H posted this 23 February 2013

I support Johns promotion of The Fouling Shot in digital copy,in my house one end of a room is stacked with old shooting magazines,mostly Australian some United States,going back to the late 1950s.I would also encourage all those who frequent this forum to join the Cast Bullet Association,the information available is priceless.As well the members,too me,are decent ordinary folk,I visit every day to have a look.Even though I shoot a lot of jacketed projectiles in various competitions,I find cast bullet shooting a calming thing to balance the equipment race with projectiles and equipment. Mike.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 28 February 2013

Mike,

Thanks for the testimonial for CBA. Glenn Latham, our editor, works hard to put out a good product. When you compare the Fouling Shot, an all volunteer effort, with some of the slick gun magazines with their professional writers I think the Fouling Shot looks pretty good in terms of solid content.

John

Attached Files

GWarden posted this 01 March 2013

John Great offer. I have switched to receiving the “FS” by email, able to keep the copy handy that way. Might encourage folks to check out also other great material available . On CD is a compilation of great articles by Frank Marshall and also on CD the “FS” from 1992 to 2007. Excellent way to keep a great amount of resource material. Bob Iowa

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 02 March 2013

Bob,

Excellent point that being a CBA member provides access to a lot of accumulated cast bullet wisdom in the form of the two CDs we sell.

We also sell the second edition of Cast Bullets for Beginner and Expert Joe Brennan's comprehensive book on cast bullet shooting. It has 496 pages of cast bullet information by over one hundred contributors many with unique knowledge in one area or another. This is unrivaled by any other cast bullet reference in the breath and depth of coverage and reasonably priced at $29.95shipping included.

John

Attached Files

GWarden posted this 12 February 2017

John

Could the free digital copy be used to send to people we know that might be enticed to join the great CBA if they were to see a copy of the FS? If we sent a email address would you send them a copy. Best if we let the person know they will be getting a free copy before we ask you to send it. Have a great day.

Bob

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 12 February 2017

Bob,

John doesn't handle this any more. I take care of those things now. However There is no reason to send them a copy, because there is a copy on the website. All you have to do is send them this link, http://castbulletassoc.org/fouling-shot and they can download it to read at their leisure. Also getting them to the website also gives them more exposure to the CBA.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 12 February 2017

Ohh, Thanks David! I hadn't read that one yet.

Attached Files

Show More Posts
Close