? For Ed Harris About NOE .312 163-FN-AR5 PB

• Last Post 02 September 2018
pat i. posted this 01 September 2018

Ed I was looking at this bullet on the NOE site and noticed you have a pretty close copy made by Accurate. My questions are. Did you have any success with the NOE bullet in an 06? Did you draw the Accurate bullet to include a bevel base (I don't know if NOE will cut a bevel base or not)? Does the NOE bullet cast pretty close to the drawn dimensions using WW? Guess that about covers my questions for the time being. I wish both Accurate and NOE would offer a LBT style spruce plate. I like their molds but love the LBT plate and hold down finger.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 01 September 2018

Ok,is it just me or is there a number missing to identify this mold? I am assuming it should be 308, 309, 310, 311 or 312. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 01 September 2018

Dis one.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 01 September 2018

That's the one except in plain base. A lot of name for a little bullet.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 02 September 2018

The mold I have is an original old Walt Melander NEI #69BB which is my preferred gallery bullet in the '06 with 6 grains of Bullseye.  Accurate and NOE both make clones and produce good molds which cast true to size.  Accurate can do the bevel base on request.  Bevel is 7-1/2 degrees x .09"

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Close