For Sale

• Last Post 21 June 2018
Pepe Ray posted this 10 June 2018

Ishapor, #1MKIV, 7.62x51mm  All serial nos. match. I purchased this years ago. speculating that I had remaining time to refab a practical scout rifle. Time slips by, and age takes it's toll.

She stands just as she appeared when I unwrapped her. Black paint and all. Asking $400.00 for her but will entertain any reasonable offers.

Pepe Ray

Only in His name.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
M3 Mitch posted this 21 June 2018

I Googled "Ishapor, #1MKIV, 7.62x51mm" and didn't find out what it is - this is a .308 rifle, I guess, maybe a more modern self-loader, maybe?  If you posted a picture, I might be able to figure out what rifle this is.

Thanks,

(posting rather than DMing as I think I am probably not the only guy who does not recognize what this is exactly)

Attached Files

Ken T posted this 21 June 2018

Probably a 2A or 2A1 SMLE.

Attached Files

Pepe Ray posted this 21 June 2018

My understanding of the answer to your question, when the U.K. released India from colonization the Indian Army needed it's own rifle so they adopted the SMLE , #1 MK IV but changed the chambering from 303 Brit to the U.N. compatible 7.62x51 cartridge. They upgraded the steel to stay in line with the 7.62 pressures and armed their men with a superb battle rifle. It was years later that they rearmed with a semiautomatic rifle.

There may be some discrepinses in my details but you get the drift.  Pepe Ray

Only in His name.

Attached Files

Pepe Ray posted this 21 June 2018

P.S. The black paint on the receiver makes it difficult to read the stamping. I took a brass tooth brush and some carpenters chalk to try to read it. I believe I can read a (2A) just to the right of the caliber stamp.

I didn't realize this would be such a mystery. I apologize for that.

Only in His name.

Attached Files

Close