Hello from Texas

• Last Post 02 June 2018
mebudman63 posted this 29 May 2018

Been reloading for about 5-6 years, just started casting about a year ago. Mainly do pistol bullets but plan on doing bullets for my .45-70 and my Garand soon.

Dwayne

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 29 May 2018

Welcome Dwayne.

I think you will find this a good place to get some questions answered and help others as well.  Or just to discuss topics of interest with like minded cast bullet shooters.

John

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 29 May 2018

welcome to cba and this forum ....  and feel free to ask about anything cast and especially to relate to us any secrets that you have discovered to solve the mysteries of cast bullet success ...  it kind of keeps evading us ... but we are closing in ... really !

45-70, heh ?? ... there are a small group of us 45-70 shooters that are interested in developing lighter recoiling loads for our buffalo guns so that we can shoot them more without suffering so much .... i have been playing with round balls for their simplicity in loading ... but so far have not got even plinking accuracy .... i need 2 inches at 50 yards ...... now using the lee mold for the old army ruger ( 250 grain plain base )  and am having fun with  12 gr. unique ... in fact, i am shooting this in our groundhog fun shoot this spring.

just thought i would mention this as an indication of some of the benefits of casting your own ; i have shot my 45-70 more this past year with these popgun loads than in the previous 15 years altogether with bruiser loads .

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • mebudman63
beagle6 posted this 02 June 2018

For what it's worth; my best results with an original Trapdoor has been with the Lee 405 grain hollow base bullet and 12 gr. of Unique. Anyway welcome to the CBA. 

Attached Files

Close