Henry 45/70

• Last Post 17 March 2018
Pigslayer posted this 28 February 2018

Looking to buy a Henry Break Open 45/70. Anyone have one of these? Comments?

-Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
James Nicholson posted this 28 February 2018

You may have a tough time finding one, I have been looking for one in 44 mag for several months.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 28 February 2018

I am waiting also and have contacted Henry three times about getting one. They say they will have a rep call me when one is available to ship to my local Cabelas. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 01 March 2018

Pat: I believe that would be a great Single shot rifle.  I have a 45-70 Henry lever action rifle and a 45-70 Handi rifle.. Fun caliber from light loads up to some pretty heavy stuff.   The quality of the Henry at the advertised price point is impressive, their weak point has been getting the products to market.  I would love to see Henry add the 327 Federal Magnum to the single shot line-up as two 45-70s are enough to keep me busy in that caliber.  Gp

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • David R.
  • M3 Mitch
M3 Mitch posted this 17 March 2018

I guess if new ones are being snapped up as soon as they hit the stores, and not many used ones are available on the market, that must mean it's a good gun at a good price.  (Mastering the obvious here.)

Attached Files

erj145 posted this 17 March 2018

I bought one on line in 44 Mag last December. I have never seen one at local gun stores in 44 mag or 45-70 ever. They are starting to show up in limited quantities at local sources in the other calibers (223,243,308) one at a time. It appears that Henry underestimated their production capabilities on this line of rifles. It is a very well made rifle and I have no regrets in buying it. I think there is a demand for them, but the scarcity of supply is doing nothing to sustain customer interest. 

Attached Files

Close