HOW CAN WE BUILD ON THE ...

• Last Post 18 December 2018
joeb33050 posted this 15 November 2018

1. We need a place to put the information. I have a Yahoo group where I put lots of info and there's room for much more. Does this CBA forum/group  thing have such a feature?

2. We need an index, a list, of topics.

3. We (maybe) need the ability to turn print into digital.

4. We need to put what we've got into the storage/access place, indexed appropriately.

5. We need to write a list of what we don't-but-want-to know.

It's easy. Amy Madigan:"Are we going to talk about it, or do it?"

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 15 November 2018

joeb33050 posted this 3 hours ago

1. We need a place to put the information. I have a Yahoo group where I put lots of info and there's room for much more. Does this CBA forum/group  thing have such a feature?

I DON'T THINK SO. MAYBE A STICKY FEATURE WOULD BE A TINY START.

2. We need an index, a list, of topics.

KEN IS WORKING ON ONE FOR THE FOULING SHOT. 

3. We (maybe) need the ability to turn print into digital.

I THINK WE HAVE THAT IF I UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION

4. We need to put what we've got into the storage/access place, indexed appropriately.

I AGREE. BUT WHAT WE'VE GOT IS MINE RUN. WE HAVE A TON OF PRINTED STUFF NOW BUT HALF OF IT IS PASSED DOWN CONVENTIONAL WISDOM AND HASN'T GOTTEN US FAR. WITHOUT SOME REQUIREMENT FOR CONFIRMING WITH VALID TESTING. AND IN THE FEW CASES WHERE WE HAVE THAT IT IS IGNORED BY MOST CAST BULLET SHOOTERS AS IF IT HADN'T HAPPENED.

5. We need to write a list of what we don't-but-want-to know.

AGREED.

It's easy. Amy Madigan:"Are we going to talk about it, or do it?""it's easy"

YES IN CONCEPT.  IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM IS THE LACK OF WORKERS.  I DON'T SEE MANY DOING THE TYPE OF TEST/EXPERIMENTING THAT IS ESSENTIAL TO GET ANYWHERE.

As Ken once said we need a grant from the National Science Foundation. I would add and people who will lose their jobs is they don't publish.  OK back to reality.

John

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 15 November 2018

HERE'S A PLACE TO STORE INFO:

[email protected]

FREE, OPEN TO ALL, I'LL DELETE AS NEEDED.

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 16 November 2018

OK, it's up, open to all, and has a start at the index, and some info in it5 already. Go!  

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 16 November 2018

Thanks Joe. having a place to get some of the best work together is a start.  I trust you will weed out all the chaff based on opinion with your BS meter, but will we attract anything else?

I will be sending a copy of Bottigers study on neck tension if I can get it in digital form.  But it has already been published in two issues of TFS and several years have passed without any known attempts to replicate his work to confirm or cast doubt on his results.  I think there is plenty of evidence that it has had little to no influence on what our members believe or do. I know that a lot of shooters don't believe the results. Why hasn't one of them done the work and tried to refute it. The answer to that is in the other thread. Sorry my doubting Thomas is showing.

Let's hope people will pitch in and send their favorite article that qualifies, or better yet plan a study to see if one of our old conventional wisdom rules is really valid.

John

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 28 November 2018

John;

Nobody has joined the group, nobody has responded to this or your thread in some time., there is little interest here in experimenting or learning or reviewing what's been written about cast bullets.

I think that the CBA members and Forum members are interested in hunting and plinking and pistol shooting, with the odd question, and the annual twist, wads/fillers, shots/group and bullet hardness celebrations. 

That's fine, people have different tastes and interests, God love them-but attempting to crank up enthusiasm for experimenting here ain't going to work. We've proven that time and again. 

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 29 November 2018

ok I have tried 3 times no luck anyone else cant get in!

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 29 November 2018

i would like to learn more and share my style of shooting cast bullets.

So lets go!!!!

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 29 November 2018

try this :

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CASTBULLETINFO/info

ken

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 30 November 2018

Ok Im in

Thanks Ken

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 01 December 2018

Maybe nobody joined because nobody could get on you web site.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

dbosman posted this 18 December 2018

I joined the Yahoo cast bullet group years ago, but never got access to the files section. I get emails about new postings, but I can't get to those, either.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 18 December 2018

Me either. I have been lock out, but don't know why.

Attached Files

Close