S&W 940 9mm Centennial

• Last Post 07 May 2018
  • Topic Is Solved
Ed Harris posted this 07 May 2018

New Accurate bullet which approximates profile of 146-grain LRN .38 S&W factory bullet as chopped off in Ric Bowman's file-trim die, converting to .25" meplat, maximum meplat for good "crush" and deep penetration at low velocities from snubby revolver.  Suitable for either .38 S&W cartridge or 9x19mm revolver handloads for pocket guns like the S&W 940, Ruger LCR, SP101, etc. 

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=36-142H-D.png

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
James Nicholson posted this 07 May 2018

Good shooting Ed.  I like that bullet profile.  Is there any chance you will try it in a semi-auto pistol?

Attached Files

I wasn't planning on trying it in a semi-auto, because its dimensions are really optimized for revolver use. I'm afraid the nose would impinge against the origin of rifling in an autopistol chamber.  A sloppy military chamber might work.  PM me with your mailing address and I can send you some to try once the mold arrives, would be good to know if it works in Beretta 92s or others. 

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Gregor
  • M3 Mitch
JeffinNZ posted this 07 May 2018

Those little .38s must be a joy to shoot. Easy on the ears, hand and pocket.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Yes, Jeff, they are.  VERY popular here in the Land of Constitutional Carry and the Castle Doctrine.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Close