Taurus PT111 G2 Revisited

• Last Post 13 January 2018
cbshtr posted this 09 January 2018

So, I liked my Millennium G2 so much I bought 2 more at a much better price for my son and daughter. I still haven't bought a mold, yet but finally slugged all three with soft lead. Mine actually slugged .3564" not the .3572" I got with a harder alloy. So I have 2 guns that mic .3564" and one at .3557". I want to reload in bulk and don't want to size 2 sizes. I'm thinking .358" and am hoping some of you can chime in as to whether it will prove effective with both barrel sizes.

Robert Homan

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Westhoff posted this 10 January 2018

At .0007 in. difference, I certainly wouldn't worry about the difference.  Don't know what alloy you plan to use, but doubt very much if you would see any difference if you went even as hard as lino.  Have fun, ALL THREE OF YOU !!

WES

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 11 January 2018

I knew you would love that model. Really a bargain and great little gun. I would go with .356 and as long as you get combat accuracy, which I can't see any reason why you won't, you should be good to go. I rarely go with any other 9mm diameter bullet unless there is an issue with leading. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

cbshtr posted this 12 January 2018

I'm thinking at .356" I will be inviting leading, only because that is smaller than groove diameter. With my rifle loads I always go a minimum of .002" over as long as they will chamber. I know sizing them too big can cause issues as well. I already bought a couple NOE expanders so the brass doesn't size them down. I could go with .357" if I knew for sure it still would prevent leading. Unfortunately, the only sizing die I have in this range is .360" for my .35 Remington so I don't have the luxury of experimenting with what I have on hand.. At $30 a shot I'm hoping to buy only one die and that one will work with all three guns. 

Robert Homan

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 13 January 2018

I still think you should stick with the .356 diameter. Over 40 years of shooting auto pistols has taught me they are a far different animal from revolvers & rifles. The bullet will obturate to fill the shallow rifling found on most autos. Also most bullets sized .358 or over will bulge the case and prevent or make chambering difficult. I would bet money that you will not experience much leading if any with .356" bullets.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 13 January 2018

From WW1 P '08, WW2  P.38 S&W39 & 59, COLT SERIES 70, 92FS. Up to  new WOLFF 9mm conv BARRELS, and everything in between.

WHAT DAVID SAID:

.356 DIAMETER

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Close