WTB 30 cal plain base mould

• Last Post 2 weeks ago
longhunter posted this 3 weeks ago

Looking for a 30 cal PB mold. 160-180 gr.  Want to load it for the Ground hog match 30-30 -3006.

Thanks

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret. 608 797 0056

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss CBA Membership Director posted this 3 weeks ago

Here are two good choices and there are many more.

http://noebulletmolds.com/main/product/312-160-fn/

http://noebulletmolds.com/main/product/308-167-fn/

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys & Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 3 weeks ago

Here's 2:

noe 311-165-RF    30-30

noe 311-199-rfpb  casts 204gr and .3105 with WW shoots very well with 14gr Trail B. in my 30-06.

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 3 weeks ago

longhunter;  Although the NOE 311-165-rf is an excellent bullet the throat of my 336 was too short for them and they wouldn't chamber. If you're thinking of going that way I'd be happy to send you a couple so you could try before you buy. Gp

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 3 weeks ago

HMMMMMM? That reminds me that some of the 311-165's that I loaded for a friend had to be seated deep so they would chamber! Never made the connection.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 3 weeks ago

you could easily run a throater a little deeper .... but then >>  would they feed ?? 

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 3 weeks ago

I have a 308403 Pope designed mold,bullet slips in fired case neck. I'd trade for 200 cast lubed bullets. I have some cast you could try.

The 308403 is aPope design bullet for the 30 caliber military rifles, Krag and Springfield. The base band is tapered, smaller at the rear, larger at the front. The largest base band diameter is .317" or so. It is made to be pushed into the fired-reprimed-charged but UNSUZED case with the fingers, and will wedge itself in and come to a stop with just part of the base band in the case. The resulting cartridge is quite fragile, this bullet is for target shooting only. I've shot it for years in many 30 caliber rifles. With 7 grains of Unique it shoots into 1 1/2" average 5-shot groups at 100 yards from a M54 30WCF. In other rifles it has worked well as an offhand bullet.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 3 weeks ago

oh, and remember if you leave off the gas check ..... it IS a plain base !!   let us know how this goes; ... i am planning to shoot a marlin 30-30 at some groundhogs myself .....   

ken

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 2 weeks ago

joeb

Will think about that one.

I have several tapered molds but not one like that.

It sure sound interesting.

Thanks all for your input,

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret. 608 797 0056

Attached Files

Close