Welcome to the Forum

• 3K Views
  • Last Post 04 January 2014
pat i. posted this 22 December 2013

I just want to give a blanket welcome to the new forum members. Some write a little hello and some just join up and go about their business. Both ways work for me and this covers both types.

As I've mentioned in the past if any new forum member wants a free e-version issue of the CBA magazine “The Fouling Shot” to see what the organization is about email or PM me their email address and I'll get it out to you.

My email address is [email protected]

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pat i. posted this 23 December 2013

You guys are destroying my faith in cast bullet shooters. I've made numerous offers to send out a FREE e-version copy of the Fouling Shot just for the asking and have had exactly ZERO takers!!! This is the first time I've ever seen cast bullet shooters turn down anything that was FREE. There's no strings attached and you won't be bombarded with marketing calls if you accept the FREE offer so that's not something to concerned about. The sole purpose of the offer is to give you some idea of what you'd be getting for what breaks down to $1.46 a month (or the equivalent of 3 1/2 stamps, 3/4 of a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee, less than 1/2 gallon of gas, or a pack of Juicy Fruit gum) to become a member of the ONLY cast bullet organization that I've ever heard of. The Fouling Shot is chock full of articles pertaining to shooting, hunting, feeding, and caring for guns exclusively related to cast bullets and the loading information contained in the BR and military match reports is worth the price of admission alone.

Sooooooo, there has to be at least one person out there willing to restore my faith in the fact that cast bullet shooters are by design the cheapest group of people to ever inhabit the earth and contact me for a FREE copy of The Fouling Shot.

Your Humble`(and concerned) Servant,

Pat

Attached Files

Longone posted this 23 December 2013

I would like to per pose that if your not a CBA member just join to help support the cause. We are a slowly disappearing group and I don't see any other folks coming to rescue us from extinction. As the saying goes “many hands make light work” so pony up a few bucks to keep the sport alive. Maybe even put an item up for sale or auction that you no longer need or use and send the funds to the organization. If we don't help ourselves nobody else will.

Longone

Attached Files

jeff houck posted this 24 December 2013

I actually prefer a paper copy. I have all of the from day one. Barring a fire or 6' of water in my basement, I'll not lose any of them.  E copies though get out dated or lost with a computer crash. Been there and done that several time already. Thanks for the offer and the hard work of converting them to the E format though. The younger crowd does appreciate the computer versions. Jeff Houck

Attached Files

mckg posted this 24 December 2013

I didn't want to swamp you with the “others", specially since I am not so new. But with things being the way they are, I'll take a dozen :).

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 25 December 2013

Jeff Houck wrote: Thanks for the offer and the hard work of converting them to the E format though. Jeff Houck I made the offer but had nothing to do with converting them. Jobs like that are way above my pay scale.

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 25 December 2013

mckg wrote: I didn't want to swamp you with the “others", specially since I am not so new. But with things being the way they are, I'll take a dozen :).

Haven't been receiving them this way long enough to have a dozen but I did send you two.

Thanks for restoring my faith in cast bullet shooters. Maybe you could tell everyone else that I'm not sitting on your front porch with a membership application in my hand. :D

Attached Files

mckg posted this 25 December 2013

Thank you Pat, got them!

It was nice to see an article from Frank Marshall in each of them, on top of Ed's who, I believe, are a regular thing.

Do you know how to get past issues not covered by the CD (2008-present)?

About the overall answer to your offer, I think it is pretty natural to have two groups: CBA members and shy internauts. I have seen very active Forums go very quiet after a moderator offered his best wishes for Christmas...

It would be interesting to have a partial/whole Fouling Shot available for download and see what happens, like Rifle/Handloader do (watch for your bandwidth though).

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 31 December 2013

bump

Attached Files

Thomassen posted this 04 January 2014

Sending address to get a copy.:)

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 04 January 2014

send me an email to the address in my 1st post and I'll email a couple out to you.

Attached Files

Close