Hello

• 1.5K Views
  • Last Post 25 May 2014
goodsteel posted this 24 May 2014

Hello and I'm very pleased to be here. I hope to learn something and contribute. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

I'm another from castboolits So please be gentle. LOL!

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 24 May 2014

Welcome to the forum. What are you shooting these days?

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 24 May 2014

Welcome Tim, you will find a nice bunch of folks here.

Attached Files

Chargar wrote: Welcome Tim, you will find a nice bunch of folks here.Thanks Chargar, looks like I already have. Good to see you.Hope I can fit in.  Tturner53, When I can break away to the range, I shoot anything larger than 30 caliber (although I may dip my toe in 7mm-08 or 7mm waters someday). My favorite caliber is 358 Winchester.Others I enjoy are:30830-06300XCB (wildcat I helped get off the ground)357/38spc45ACP45-7045 colt8mm Mauser 30 Heret 30-30 I work at an aerospace company as a machinist building fixture and ultra precision bearing assemblies, and I own a side business as a gunsmith building custom rifles. I'm a gun nut from the word go, and I cant help it.I shoot only cast lead bullets unless I have a darn good excuse to shoot jacketed.  I didn't even know what a forum was 4 years ago, and I found castboolits.com. I've been enjoying things over there for a while now, and this morning, a friend invited me to check this place out, so here I is. So far, I see a lot of familiar faces, and it's good to be the new guy again. Thanks for having me! 

Attached Files

Chargar posted this 24 May 2014

Tim..You will find this a very nice place with no politics, religion or drama. It is quite slow paced, but the information here is high quality. Folks tend not to chit-chat and pass the time of day here.

Attached Files

CB posted this 25 May 2014

Hi Tim!

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 25 May 2014

Welcome Tim always good to see a new face. Low (as in no) drama, slow pace, good information from people that have actually walked the walk, and obviously pretty much self moderated since being a moderator leaves me with little or nothing to do. I think you'll like the place but it is different than castboolits.

Attached Files

goodsteel posted this 25 May 2014

Hmmmm, I'll try to get the hang of it, but castboolits is all I know, so might be some getting used to.

Solid information from folks that walk the walk? No politics? No drama? What do you guys TALK about? LOL!

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 25 May 2014

Shooting of course.

Attached Files

jhalcott posted this 25 May 2014

Yep! You're gonna like it here! Welcome. Once you “dip your toe” into the smaller calibers, you'll regret NOT doing it sooner. I shoot cast in .223 to 45-70 cartridge guns and .45 to .577 in Black powder guns.

Attached Files

Close