NC new member salutations

• 1.4K Views
  • Last Post 04 January 2015
Steppapajon posted this 03 January 2015

Hello everyone,I just joined after hours of reading over the last week. I recently acquired my uncles 1971 model 94 30/30 win and would like to work up some light loads for it. I have read about cat sneezes, mouse farts, powder puffs and who knows what other descriptive named loads. My research keeps bringing me back to this forum so I thought it would be great to be a part of it. I look forward to the journey. SPJ 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RBerry2116 posted this 03 January 2015

Welcome to the forum. A wealth of information is available here Good luck with your quest.:fire

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 03 January 2015

Steppajon: Welcome aboard. Fit the bullet to the throat, or load the largest bullet that will chamber and use the search engine for the charge and you should be in high clover. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

muley posted this 04 January 2015

Welcome aboard. I don't know what part of NC your in , but there are some good cast

bullet shooters around charlotte and Rock Hill, Sc. their names are in The Fouling Shot.

they may also be able to help u. Muley

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 04 January 2015

Welcome aboard. There are two very good sources on the market covering cast bullet loads. Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook a The Fouling Shot. The first should be available at your favorite sporting goods store that sells firearms and the second is available with membership to The Cast Bullet Association. You can find their web site online and become a member in less time than diving to that sporting goods store.

Attached Files

Steppapajon posted this 04 January 2015

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Good advice already, I think I am going to like it here. I took your advice Dirtybore and joined the CBA. I have the Lyman reloading book so the Cast bullet handbook sounds like a good addition to the library. I do love books!

Attached Files

Close