Starline 375 WIN brass... perhaps this year

• 3.2K Views
  • Last Post 17 January 2016
NYBushBro posted this 07 January 2015

I received a reply from Hunter Pilant of Starline Brass yesterday about the possibility of their producing 375 WIN brass.

In his reply, he stated that “we hope to be producing 375 WIN brass this year."

Might be worth the wait, rather than paying a fool's ransom for the 375 components on Gunbroker that I've seen recently.

Hope springs eternal.

PS: Perhaps more e-mails from interested customers may help build a fire under them to get the ball rolling.

PPS: I have no connection with this company - I just would like to be able to get proper brass for my Win and Marlin rifles in 375 WIN - at a REASONABLE price.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 07 January 2015

I actually have a FEW rounds with the proper head-stamp.  But the rest of the 500 or so all say 30-30.  Range brass (once-fired)  and blown out with a primer, a bit of pistol powder and grits for filler.  

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 11 January 2015

You have some good news there. And you are right about gunbroker prices i can not   believe what people are willing to pay for brass. 

Attached Files

admiral posted this 13 January 2015

Rifle 57 wrote: You have some good news there. And you are right about gunbroker prices i can not   believe what people are willing to pay for brass.  I admit I've made a lot of money off Gunbroker this fall selling my new old stock 375 win brass. I was amazed how bad some people had to have correct head stamped brass.

Attached Files

Longone posted this 13 January 2015

I had a bunch of R-P headstamp 6.8 SPC brass that I put on GB, people were loosing their minds bidding over it. The highest price that they bid it up to was $110 a bag of 100 new cases, then the guy e-mailed me and asked if I had more. He bought 3 bags total, I felt bad and paid for Flat Rate shipping. Now I'm looking at that brass on GB and you can't sell it for $35 per 100.

Longone

Attached Files

Rifle 57 posted this 14 January 2015

I know what you mean. Remember after the Sandy Hook school shootings A-R 15 lowers  were selling for $300 to $400 and now you can buy one for under $50.00. I wonder how many people maxed out there credit cards in the madness.    I saw 160 rounds of once fired 375 win brass go for over $300.00 I could not believe it.

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 02 October 2015

Maybe I am too much of a rough and ready kind of guy - what's wrong with blowing 30-30 brass out to make 375 Win? It's not like anybody who has any business with a gun in hand is going to think it's a 30-30, and won't chamber anyway (I don't think a 375W will go into a 30-30 chamber.

I have a few original 375W brass around, but I don't see how they are so special.

Or am I missing the point?

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 02 October 2015

M3 Mitch wrote: Maybe I am too much of a rough and ready kind of guy - what's wrong with blowing 30-30 brass out to make 375 Win? I have about 550 rounds of .375 Win / .38-55 of which all but a hundred started life as .30-30's.

Two methods.  Both start with annealing. a) expand, in stages if you wish. b) blow out with bullet or fast powder and a filler.

both methods work, blowing out gives smoother walls.

Shooting a .30cal bullet in a .375 diameter bore will leave a lot of lead in the bore.

There is a slight difference in case length between the two.  Has not been an issue.

The only real problem with them is that there is a real variation between brands - wall thicknesses.  Worth the effort to stick to ONE brand.

Attached Files

Artful posted this 17 January 2016

So it's a new year - any word about new brass this year from starline for my BigBore?

Attached Files

admiral posted this 17 January 2016

Artful wrote: So it's a new year - any word about new brass this year from starline for my BigBore?I got an email from them last week saying they are now making 41 special brass. Not the news 375 Win people want to hear. I have both a 38-55 and 375 Win. My 1894 38-55 is one of those commemorative Chief Crazy Horse and my Marlin model “375". I use 38-55 brass in both. Starline in the 1894 and Winchester in the 375. A point of interest is that I got the 375 with bags of correct brass, boxes of Hornady jacketed bullets, and dies. For me there is no reason to shoot jacketed bullets in a low velocity rifle so I immediately started with my 38-55 cast bullets. I came to find out that the 375 chambered my 2.085” length brass loads (with .381” bullets) with zero closing resistance. They shot great. Using Ken Water's max 38-55 load of 32.0gr. RL-7 & 250gr. cast bullet (35,000 CUP) my 24” barrel Crazy Horse would hit 2000 fps. but the Marlin 375 with it's short barrel barely made 1900 fps. According to published load data that's about all you can expect from a 375 anyway with a 20” barrel and a 250gr bullet. So I just started using Win 38-55 brass in the 375 trimmed to 2.050” (which is still .030” longer than 375 brass) and Starline in the 1894. With Starline's .0075” necks I no longer have to outside neck turn Win brass to accept my .381” bullets for easy chambering in the 1894 and the Marlin 375 digests the thicker necked Win brass perfectly. I sold all my 375 brass & jacketed bullets during that GunBroker craziness and made enough money to almost pay for both rifles.

Attached Files

Close