Break open exposed hammer Pistol & Rifle

• 4.2K Views
  • Last Post 17 March 2016
shootcast posted this 15 January 2015

Welcome all, Just a poll to see if interest exist for a new postal event class. Your thoughts and suggestions wanted.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
R. Dupraz posted this 15 January 2015

This question has come up before with regard to adding a new class for these types in regular CBA competition. I'm thinking mainly of the Contender pistol.

The more I think about it, the more I think it would be fun and interesting, depending on what the rules were.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 15 January 2015

Personally I think that it would be a great idea.  Any event that generates more shooting is a good idea.  The only question is: Do we have enough break open gun shooters to make it worth while and who is going to manage the matches? Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 16 January 2015

I'll play. I have a few (!) H&Rs. By the way, do you guys know they've discontinued the accessory barrel program? I'm bummed, it was a cheap way to get a new toy.

Attached Files

muley posted this 18 January 2015

Welcome aboard, I didn't rcoginize the handle . working with the T/C and 44mag. keep shooting . I know u are improving.

Attached Files

cba_admin posted this 22 February 2016

muley wrote: Welcome aboard, I didn't recoginize the handle . working with the T/C and 44mag. keep shooting . I know u are improving. Muley - shootcast is none other than the world famous Dave Federline.  Probably the worlds expert on casting and loading for TC pistols and rifles.

Attached Files

Dutch4122 posted this 22 February 2016

I'd participate.  Got a bunch of H&R's and a few Contender barrels.

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 22 February 2016

I might play if there was a rifle class I have an Encore .223 that I would like to try cast in someday.

RB

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 22 February 2016

I have an Encore rifle in 25-20.  I am in if rifles are part of this. Jim

Attached Files

max503 posted this 22 February 2016

I shoot a 30-30 Contender.

Attached Files

Hamish posted this 22 February 2016

Interested.

Attached Files

shootcast posted this 22 February 2016

Please don't slander me that way! I do try and I 'm having fun. Please bring your break opens out and join in. Thanks , Dave

Attached Files

mike0841 posted this 22 February 2016

shootcast wrote: Please don't slander me that way! I do try and I 'm having fun. Please bring your break opens out and join in. Thanks , Dave Davey - who's slandering you.  I'm just showing you the admiration and deference you deserve.

Mike

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 22 February 2016

shootcast wrote:  Welcome all, Just a poll to see if interest exist for a new postal event class. Your thoughts and suggestions wanted. Definitely good.

I'd like to use a TC in 7tcu and  a H&R in 20ga rifled.

Thanks, Tim K

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 23 February 2016

I have a contender , but only 38 .357 and 22Hornt barrels.  I'd like to play as well. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

corerf posted this 23 February 2016

Im in depending on rules, if custom barrels are allowed, meaning NOT TC factory barrels. Id be forced out, I don't have a factory TC barrel for anything. Only bullberry bbl's.

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 23 February 2016

I've been wondering when this would come up easy two classes “Factory", rules taken from the Hunter class as long as it is a production part from the factory of the manufacturer good to go. “Open” Class = anything and everything else?

RB

Attached Files

shootcast posted this 23 February 2016

To everyone reading. In the next fouling shot will be a small article about this class. (BOXH ) For this year and depending on participation we only have one class each. Pistol and rifle. Shoot your break open exposed hammer firearm as is or with any alterations. Contact Mike Kastning CBA postal for your targets. I will try to answer individual questions if you have any. Thanks and please give it a try. 

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 23 February 2016

shootcast:

So if I read you right then, the requirements for LRH and Hunter pistol don't apply. The only rule will be that the pistol needs to be break open and have an exposed hammer. Right?

I intend to participate if I can learn how to shoot one of those bloody pieces again.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 23 February 2016

r.d.

how to operate:;

break open pull hammer back load chamber close pull trigger .

hope this helps .

ken

based on group size, this should allow my ruger ones against the contenders ... and i get to shoot from 50 yards ...

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 23 February 2016

Hey Ken:

Thanks for the advice. But that's what I have been doing! And it's not working. And am getting a little tired of all the snickering and finger pointing by the rest of the nimrods on the line when they see my targets.

Attached Files

Show More Posts
Close