New Member from Texas

• 1.1K Views
  • Last Post 13 February 2015
Chicken Men posted this 12 February 2015

Hello, My Name is Bruce, I'm 49 yrs. old and have been bullet casting since I was 14.  I live in Central Texas.  My full time job is in the firearms industry servicing Law Enforcement in Evidence Destruction.  We destroy crime/confiscated firearms and harvest the parts that we later sell. I'm new to this forum.  Lately I have been doing more casting.  The guns I shoot are mostly antiques and ammunition would be difficult to find.  On the bench now I am loading .455 Webley, .38-200, and .45-70.  I'm casting all my bullets for these calibers.  I load for about 80 calibers, and cast ~40 different pattern bullets. I joined the forum to learn what other like minded caster/reloaders and doing. I got the “Contender Bug” last year and will soon start loading for the .30 Herrett.  I want to stick with Cast Bullets for now.  I'll be looking for data related to this caliber.   Bruce

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 12 February 2015

welcome !! i am sure you will be able to get conversations on most any cast bullet subject you can throw at us ...

also, on slow days, i would love to hear about any interesting stories of your ” tear-downs ” ... probably hard to destroy a nice colt python, or beretta 92, etc. etc. i betcha ...

ken

Attached Files

Chicken Men posted this 12 February 2015

Hello Ken, Casting up .38/200's this afternoon.  Purchased this NOE Brass 4 cavity mold a few weeks ago.  Down with the flu, so catching up on some casting. Bruce

Attached Files

tlkeizer posted this 13 February 2015

Greetings, Spent a few years in the “West Texas Town of El Paso” during 2 postings with the army. Also spent a couple nights in Dilly, enjoyed the watermelon and rodeo practice put on for our group. Welcome to the forum. I, like many others, have thoroughly enjoyed it and have gotten great information through it, not to mention being able to visit some super people while traveling. Look forward to seeing your writings in the forum.

TK

Attached Files

Close