PACT Scale Warranty.

• 2.6K Views
  • Last Post 05 March 2015
Paul Pollard posted this 24 February 2015

When I sent two PACT digital scales back for warranty work in November, it didn't sound as if they would get to them very fast. Three months later (I had kind of forgotten about them), and a package arrived today with two brand-new looking scales. They actually were the originals, but very nice and clean. Plugged them in and they seem to be working fine. The older scale did not originally have an infrared port, but one has now been added. This scale is probably 20 years old, and the newer one is 15 years old. It's hard to believe it's that old!

I'm very pleased with PACT's warranty work. USA made and repaired; I'm happy with the scales.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
LWesthoff posted this 24 February 2015

Count me as another who is VERY pleased with PACT's service. I've only had to send my BBK2 in once, several years ago, but the return was prompt, and the only cost to me was shipping it back to them for the repairs.

Wes

Attached Files

vmwilson posted this 24 February 2015

I sent my BBK back for repairs years ago and had no complaints about their service.  I do recall it seemed to be about impossible to do anything via their web site though.  And the wisdom seems to be warm the unit up about 20 minutes prior to use.  Since I got it back it times out in a lot shorter time than that and tech told me that was normal.  Know I purchased it prior to sometime in '96 and they didn't offer a battery converter at the time.  Tried a Radio Shack unit and that didn't work well at all. 

Might have to give them a call and see what they have to say nowadays.

Called this AM as one of the battery leads had broken off the connector.  Thought $19.95 was a bit much to do 2 solder joints so repaired it myself.  And they don't offer a battery converter for one old as mine.  A BBK from 11/95.

Mike

Attached Files

admiral posted this 01 March 2015

They do take their time returning your scale though. which makes me wonder, “are they that backed up with warranty claims"?

Attached Files

vmwilson posted this 01 March 2015

admiral wrote: They do take their time returning your scale though. which makes me wonder, “are they that backed up with warranty claims"?Guess I'll find out.  Battery lead broke in the connector so I'll call em' tomorrow.  Found my old papers and it was purchased 11/95 and I see now they're on the BBK II.  Am curious to see if their battery adapter would work on one old as mine.

Updated on previous post, edited the wrong one!  About normal for me.

Mike

Attached Files

Paul Pollard posted this 05 March 2015

admiral wrote: They do take their time returning your scale though. which makes me wonder, “are they that backed up with warranty claims"?

When I bought my scale new in 2000, nobody asked if I wanted to buy an “extended warranty” for $50.00, as they so often do today for anything a person buys. When I bought the other PACT scale used (circa 1992) from a fellow CBA member, there was no bill of sale or proof of purchase or extended warranty.

They may be busy because they honor the warranty without questions and paperwork. Because of their warranty and willingness to honor it, I have 1 scale on my reloading bench; my son has the other.

Attached Files

Close