No. 11 Precussion Cap Nipples

• 2.1K Views
  • Last Post 23 March 2015
NantachieRat posted this 26 February 2015

<font=georgia>I have an 1847 Colt Walker made by Uberti. I need a set of nipples for it. They are about $12 apeice. However, I work in a machine shop and I could make them on our small CNC turret lathe and then mill some wrench flats on them. I need to know if all No. 11 precussion cap nipples are the same or do they vary from one make to another. <font=Georgia>I was looking around on Garaf & Sons and they show some with 1/4 - 28 threads.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
4060may posted this 26 February 2015

Pistols usually use No.10 caps..but not always nipples for revolvers are different than rifle nipples, usually in length and diameter most American rifles use 1/4-28 thread

Uberti may be a metric thread try vtigunparts.com for the nipples

Attached Files

NantachieRat posted this 26 February 2015

I beleive my cylinder is threaded for a metric 6 x 1.0 thread. I can start this size tap with no trouble, but I would have to force a 1/4 - 28 tap. Also, a 6 x 1.0 screw wil start with no trouble.

I checked the VTI site, but I don't see any Walker parts.

Attached Files

4060may posted this 27 February 2015

this the one 1847 Walker? http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=8&cat=Uberti+1847+Walker

Attached Files

4060may posted this 27 February 2015

Midway carries them also

5.60 seems about the right price for a nipple

I didn't check Midsouth

Attached Files

nimrod posted this 27 February 2015

Caps will vary for size too a lot sometimes. Remington are usually bigger than CCI it would be best to make the nipple cone a bit large and since you have access to a machine shop turn them down to fit. Most of us not so fortunate just chuck them up in an electric drill and use a file to adjust for fit.

RB

Attached Files

NantachieRat posted this 28 February 2015

It would be better to have some No. 11 caps with me when I write the program to make them. Then I could tweak the program until they fit. However, if I can get them for 5 to 6 bucks apeice I won't bother with it.

Attached Files

Dirtybore posted this 23 March 2015

You could also try Track of the Wolf. they are a complete black powder gun, parts, and assessory shop. They are on line so just look them up.

Attached Files

Close