Bismuth

• 1.5K Views
  • Last Post 24 March 2015
6pt-sika posted this 28 February 2015

Over my years I've never done any waterfowl hunting . A friend here that is a transplant from NW PA, kinda started back on the field goose hunting thing and has me interested . I have a nice Browning Superposed 12 gauge Magnum that I could use as well as an abundance of nice old Parker , Fox and LC Smith doubles . None I would deem usable with steel shot and of course lead is illegal .   So that leaves me with three options . Nice shot which is almost impossible to find , ITX-10 and Bismuth . I also might use this stuff in my Macfarlane 10 gauge ML , so with that being said Bismuth seems to be the most useful choice as it's relatively safe to use without a shotcup in the ML . Some of the Parker guys have told me Nice Shot and ITX-10 are somewhat abrasive .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
6pt-sika posted this 15 March 2015

Have some #1 Bismuth coming to reload for the 10 and 12 gauge guns . Also ordered a couple Sean Mann goose calls with instructional DVDS ! I suppose the next thing I need is a layout blind and a couple dozen decoys . 

Attached Files

bandmiller2 posted this 24 March 2015

Sika,I don't have the stable full of great old doubles but the ones I have I only use for lead. I bought a cheap used 870 3” express for steel and have had decent luck with steel reloads, they seem to kill quick just not way out. Reloading specialties is selling E-shot A heavier than lead matrix you can load like lead and its supposed to be classic gun friendly. Frank C.

Attached Files

Close