New from South Dakotaq

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 06 March 2015
John Carlson posted this 04 March 2015

Having been advised that my recently acquired interest in the goings-on in the cast bullet community is incurable, I have elected to avail myself of ongoing treatments with the aid of some local members.  With help from them and the information I've picked up here I may actually be ready to do some shooting by the time it warms up around here!

John Carlson. CBA Director of Military Competition.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
R. Dupraz posted this 04 March 2015

Welcome John.

Looking forward to meeting up at the military matches this summer. Don't know if you are already aware of it or not, but our main mission is keeping those Iowa boys at bay.

SE corner RD

Attached Files

John Carlson posted this 04 March 2015

Understood. I felt they should have taken the money they used building those bridges into Nebraska and used it to blow up the bridges going into Iowa. Would have saved a lot of walleyes!:wnk:

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 05 March 2015

John Carlson wrote: Having been advised that my recently acquired interest in the goings-on in the cast bullet community is incurable, I have elected to avail myself of ongoing treatments with the aid of some local members.  With help from them and the information I've picked up here I may actually be ready to do some shooting by the time it warms up around here!
Coool! What calibers?  I usually get out to Vetal, S.D. once a year for hunting prairie dogs. Sometimes shoot cast bullets at them too.  

Attached Files

SouthDakota4440 posted this 05 March 2015

Welcome John, Not too many bridges to get rid of on the West River side of the state...and the Nebraska, Wyoming and Montana types are OK.  There's not too many cast bullet rifle shooters out this way.....lead bullets used mainly for handguns.  But that's OK too!

mm

Attached Files

John Carlson posted this 05 March 2015

Ah yes, the equipment. First acquired a 303 #4 Mk1, pretty much original. Thought that was cool as that was the first centerfire rifle I owned having bought a sporterized version from a truck stop for $35 in 1967. Subsequently came across a sporterized 03a3 (Remington). I'm finding the equipment to feed the 03 more available so I'm concentrating on that one now.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 05 March 2015

you are probably wondering why we iowa guys haven't made a snappy comeback.

my wife tells me us here iowa guys are too dumb to realize we have been insulted ...

Attached Files

norm posted this 06 March 2015

John, You are close to the Dakota Bench Rest range which holds military matches. Lot of guys there shooting 03's and 03A3's. Real helpful people. I don't know match dates. Contact Wally Enga for match dates and directions to the range.

Attached Files

John Carlson posted this 06 March 2015

Yep, Wally is one of the guys who sucked me into this.................err..........I mean encouraged me to get involved.:drillsgt:

Been a member there for a few years.

Attached Files

muley posted this 06 March 2015

Welcome aboard, If u shoot as good as Walley and Bob Hauschfield u will be some one to be reckoned with. good luck

Attached Files

Close