Home made air gun pellets

• 2.1K Views
  • Last Post 03 April 2015
delmarskid1 posted this 29 March 2015

Has anyone any experience with making air gun ammo? I have a nice RWS .22. I've been wondering if #4 buck shot could be sized from .24” to .224” with my Lyman lube-sizer. The .177” lead balls shoot well from my other air gun.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brodie posted this 29 March 2015

delmarskid1, I don't see why it could not  be done.  You would wind up with a slightly elongated bullet though.  I you need a die made try Doughty Enterprises:

Doughty Enterprises 2421 S 4th St W Missoula, MT 59801 resource://skypeffextension-at-jetpack/skypeffextension/data/callskypelogo.png406-531-2026 resource://skypeffextension-at-jetpack/skypeffextension/data/callskypelogo.png800-368-4489 FREE (resource://skypeffextension-at-jetpack/skypeffextension/data/callskypelogo.png1-800-DOUGHTY FREE) [email protected] www.DoughtyEnt.com I have had several Lee type push through sizing dies made, and have had no complaints whatsoever.  Richard  also makes Lyman and RCBS type sizing dies. Brodie CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 30 March 2015

D's Kid: Check out the air gun threads over at Boolits. The one that caught my eye was where some of the guys were making pellets using a mould and a hot glue gun, sort of an injection mould kind of process. Sizing down buckshot for plinking rounds in centerfire rounds works pretty well for me, I see no reason it wouldn't work fine for an air gun. GP

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 30 March 2015

The only problem I could see would be if the barrel was not a fast enough twist to stabilize a cylinder as opposed to a round ball.  But, that is unlikely. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 02 April 2015

Thanks guys, I guess I'm only half nuts.

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 02 April 2015

You aren't half nuts.  You fit right in with the rest of us.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 03 April 2015

Now that makes me feel a whole lot better.

Attached Files

Close