TC ARMS customer service

• 2.9K Views
  • Last Post 20 August 2015
R. Dupraz posted this 07 April 2015

I have had an early TC contender pistol for at least 30 yrs. The pistol had a .218 octagon barrel and was used when I got it back then but appeared to have  been little used as the only marks on it were inside the frame where the extractor rubbed against the breach when the action was closed. I shot it a few times and then pretty much just  put it away   This pistol was the model that had the cross bolt safety in the top of the hammer and a “skeleton” hammer spur. Sometime later, I noticed that one leg of the spur was cracked all the way through which resulted in only one leg of the spur was holding it on. Thought that the gun should be sent back for repair then  but never did.   So, with the interest in starting a new game for break open pistols lately, I got the Contender out and again was faced with the  broken hammer spur and worse, It was a given that with only one  leg of the spur attached, at some point it too would break and then I would be stuck for sure. Especially with me not being the original owner, S&W now running TC and all the stories and opinions about the buyout. In this litigation happy world with pretty much no gun parts being sold to individuals anymore it isn't like it used to be.   Anyway, I figured what do I have to lose. I called TC Arms customer service and visited with a representative and was first asked the dreaded question. “Are you the original owner?” Had to say no. “We only do warrantee work." But after a friendly conversation, this gent said  he would email a prepaid return FedEx two day label with instructions and to send the pistol. The wait time was from 4-6 weeks.  First hurdle cleared!   Exactly two weeks later FedEx delivered the Contender. According to the work order, TC customer service replaced the hammer with an updated one, and spring, both firing pins and springs and the hammer block. All under warrantee, no charge including postage and to the non original owner.   In this day and age in which we live, cooperate buyouts or not, don't think you can get any better than that!      

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 07 April 2015

Nice to hear good things about our companies.

Attached Files

TCintheOzarks posted this 13 April 2015

I had the same thing happen to me with a contender like yours.I got lucky and found 2 new hammers over on castboolits web site. I also had a hammer spur break off on a Encore rifle.I e-mailed T/C-Smith&Wesson and they sent a new hammer to me in the mail in a few days no charge.Very happy with their customer service.......Terry

Attached Files

Millelacs posted this 14 April 2015

Maybe some people in corporate America are learning that their customers remember the service they have and have not received.   When I get good service like you received, I like to tell everyone.  Good service deserves it.   Thank's for sharing your experience.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 14 April 2015

"Maybe some people in corporate America are learning that their customers remember the service they have and have not received”     I tend to believe that the corporate bean counters are learning that the bottom line for the investors still is dependent on the customers demand and not entirely $ only. Especially in the firearms market. And that demand is directly related to quality and customer service.      The Contender G-2 has been unavailable for some time and the rumors abound on the internet that TC discontinued them. I was told by two customer reps over the phone that that was not true and that TC was going back into production late spring of this year. I took this with a grain of salt but just yesterday a new Midsouth Shooters cataloge  came In the mail. And they do have the G-2 pistols  and frame kits listed for the first time in my memory.     

Attached Files

ubetcha posted this 16 August 2015

I recently sent my G2 frame back to T/C due to the selector on the hammer that changes from center fire to rim fire would either go the the center position or rim fire position every time I would shoot it. Kind of breaks one concentration is a silhouette match. I hope they can find out why. I was using my 12” 357 Max bbl and they wanted the frame and a bbl sent back so I put my 10” 44mag bbl on it. wasn't about to send the Bellm chamber Max bbl and scope as I can still use the bbl on my Contender frame for matches. At that time the Rep said 6-8 week turn around time.

Attached Files

ubetcha posted this 20 August 2015

Got the G2 back today. Good as new. Even fixed the hard closing and latching of the 44mag bbl I sent with it.

Attached Files

Close