Nobel Vectan A-O flake powder

• 3.5K Views
  • Last Post 04 April 2016
OU812 posted this 12 April 2015

The Vectan A0 powder meters very easily and performs verygood in my 223. It has a burning rate close to Blue Dot.. Their loading manual shows a cast load for 222 Remington and 308 Winchester. It is bulkier than Unique and fills case better.     http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/28079>http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/28079  

222 Rem, 49gr Lyman, SR primer, AO powder, 5.4gr 1839 fps, 8.5gr 2307 fps   308Win, 150gr Lyman, LR primer, AO powder, 7.7gr 1192 fps, 12.3gr 1506 fps    ...

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mckg posted this 12 April 2015

I liked the AS and the A1 a lot in pistols when I could get my hands on them, which will be every 10 years or so if someone gets them in Canada... I never tried the A0.

Metering wasn't good with the first disk of the LEE Auto-Disk, but since these powders are very fluffy I could still load 9mm and bigger.

From Graf's catalog, Vectan are apparently packaging some “true” Nobel powders now, at least for North America. A, Ba and Tu are made by SNPE in France; the Sp are made by PCL in Belgium (reportedly sold by Ramshot too).

Attached Files

dodgyrog posted this 13 April 2015

I'd like to know where the 'Nobel' powders come from as the factory that made them near Glasgow in the UK closed years ago! Vectan powders are made by SNPF in France

Attached Files

noylj posted this 04 May 2015

I would like to know why more unobtanium is being discussed--at least the pistol powders from Vectan and Nobel.Maybe they exist in your area, but I can't find them near me or on the 'net.

Attached Files

mtn_runner posted this 04 April 2016

I bought a bunch of A0 and Ba9 late last year.

A0 seems to be equivalent of good old Herco.  I am very happy with this powder in 38 special (5 gr behind a 154 grain cast wadcutter).

I does not meter well though the small diameter rotors on my RCBS little dandy, but meters very well on my RCBS uniflow.

Have not tried the Ba9 much yet except to say that 5 grains in a 45 auto leaves a lot of unburned powder.  So I'll try 6 grains and see how that works.

Attached Files

Close