introduce yourself

• 1.7K Views
  • Last Post 02 May 2015
marvinsboy posted this 01 May 2015

It's great to see so many folks interested in cast!! I have been into it since the late 1980s when I first started to read Frank Marshall's & C.E. Harris' work. I'm a big Ed Harris fan!!I work mostly with .38 Spl, .44 Spl and .32WCF. I'm just getting into .32Longusing all 'modern' revolvers except for .32/20. That's in a BSA Cadet conversion i found in a LGS.I do not cast myself but use both local, oregon trail lazercast and missouri bullet company slugs. As Ken Warner used to say,"you don't save any money, you just shoot 4 times as much'.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
delmarskid1 posted this 01 May 2015

Greetings, I will personally do my best not to confuse you.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 01 May 2015

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=8986>marvinsboy

Welcome!

But I don't get you, casting is so easy and is my favorite part of the shooting hobby. I shoot a lot of .458 WM with cast and my casting setup cost less than one box of factory .458 WM:

Attached Files

marvinsboy posted this 01 May 2015

I'm a CBA heretic. Rather shoot than cast.Testing the waters for acceptance. 

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 01 May 2015

As long as you are having fun, you are welcome here! Ric

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 02 May 2015

Welcome aboard. Glad to help. PM me anytime, Ken Warner is right. He retired to West Virginia too. Nice to live where you can shoot out of your windows!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 02 May 2015

marvinsboy wrote: I'm a CBA heretic. Rather shoot than cast.Testing the waters for acceptance.  Welcome. The CBA could use a few more heretics.  We do have a few.

We have a lot of knowledgeable folks here who like to help offer encouragement.

We have a standing offer for a couple of free issues of our journal “The Fouling Shot:  If you will PM me your email address I will send them right out -- no obligation or future bugging you.

John

Attached Files

LWesthoff posted this 02 May 2015

Welcome aboard, Marvinsboy!

Spent a little time on the panhandle myself, a bunch of years ago.....64 years, to be exact. Working as a surveyor for a doodlebugging crew. Used to be, if you used that word anywhere in west Texas, everybody knew exactly what it meant. Still that way, or have things changed?

If you have any questions, there's almost always several people here who can offer good suggestions, and if you have any advice about any phase of cast bullet shooting, we'll all be glad to hear it. Don't think anybody here figures he knows it all, everybody's still learning.

Wes

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 02 May 2015

” knows it all ” ... heh, after 30 years of cba, i am still waiting for the little plastic wallet card of the * top three rules of cast bullet accuracy * .

20 years ago i thought it would be the top 10 rules ... 10 years ago i was checking the mail for the top 5 rules ... now i am down to the * top 3 suggestions * ...

ken

Attached Files

Close