New Guy from Ontario, Canada

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 13 June 2015
Stoney Burch posted this 02 June 2015

Hi Everyone! Just Joined a few minutes past. Have cast for some time. I cast for my 38-55 1885 Hi-Wall and my .38sp/.357mag SA revolvers and 1873 lever action. Also many 1000's for round ball 45 & 54 cal. Might say I'm long in the tooth. Have been retired since '04. Enjoy casting and shooting a whole bunch. My Home Club range goes to 200 yds. So that is as far we can do locally. Look forward to picking up a few pointers here as well. Would like to shoot the postals too. I need to understand which of my artillery qualifies for that. Stoney document.write('/images/emoticons/castcba.gif');  

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Brodie posted this 03 June 2015

Welcome Stoney,  It's nice to have a Northerner aboard. Just out of curiosity : What is your favorite load in the 38-55?

I'm sure you will enjoy the forum.  There is a lot of stored knowledge here and an awful lot of good people. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

grouch posted this 03 June 2015

Welcome! Grouch

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 03 June 2015

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=9050>Stoney Burch

Hi and welcome. I am 12 miles from the border with Ontario and just south of Niagara Falls.

Gary

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 03 June 2015

Welcome to the CBA forum.

We have a lot of knowledgeable folks here who like to help and offer encouragement. We will also look forward to you answering some of our questions when we get stumped.

We have a standing offer for a couple of free issues of the Cast Bullet Association's journal “The Fouling Shot". if you are interested in taking a look just PM me your email address and I will send them right out -- no obligation or future bugging you.   John

Attached Files

Duane Trusty posted this 07 June 2015

Stoney

Welcome

Take John up on his offer on the Cast Bullet journals, but be warned they are addictive, you will end up joining.

Duane

Attached Files

Stoney Burch posted this 13 June 2015

Thank to you all. Been a bit slow to get back here. Been very busy this week with laying new flooring in three rooms, fixing up front and back yards, clipping the dog, and visits from grandchildren. A bit about my shooting. Currently trying to work loads and sights on my new 38 Cal ML. Using a PJ mould .368 Bullet with 20 to 1 Cast, weighs in at 311gr,using a GM #3 barrel 1 in 14 twist, .0035 deep rifling. last time out was 50 yds to get sights on track. Used 50 grs of Swiss 2F and seem to get a pretty good group of less than 3/4” on 5 shots. So next time will do same load at 100yd. Left sights set at about 2.5” high on 50yd range with windage spank on. Should at least hit paper at 100 yds. Also working on my 38-55 HiWall Pedersoli with the new Lyman .380” 250gr mould. Cast about 50 rnds of 20 to 1 lead and will load them with a starting load of about 48grs Swiss 1-1/2. Oh , I use SPG lube on all my cast bullets. Really like it.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 13 June 2015

Welcome, I'm liking the sounds of that .38 bullet muzzle loader.

Attached Files

Close