New member, casting nut!!

• 1.6K Views
  • Last Post 14 June 2015
Tinman204 posted this 12 June 2015

Hi everyone,  Just joined this forum tonight. I used to load jacketed bullets until a mentor of mine told me to read some C.E Harris' articles. Once I read the teachings of Mr Ed Harris I was hooked.  That was 4 years ago and now I pretty much only shoot cast bullets. I load for something  like 15 calibers, everything from 43 mauser to 303 british and 32 winchester special. I spend 99% of my spare time testing and benchrest shooting cast bullets here on our property. I focus mostly on military calibers at this point.  Look forward to learning more tricks as well as sharing my techniques here. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mckg posted this 12 June 2015

Welcome aboard.

You understand that you now have to post pics of your guns as well as of the range, and send invitations, right .>?

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 12 June 2015

mckg wrote: Welcome aboard.

You understand that you now have to post pics of your guns as well as of the range, and send invitations, right .>?You sound like you are with the right bunch.  Shoot more, spend less!

Attached Files

muley posted this 13 June 2015

Welcome aboard. good to see a shooter in the cast catogory. what part of the country

are u located? sounds like u have a good selection of shootable calibers.

Attached Files

giorgio de galleani posted this 13 June 2015

You got the right advice ,study Ed's writings they should  be carved in stone.

And get  aluminum gang molds of his own design bullets .

You 'll have less work and more fun in any kind of  cast bullet you like best , either bench rest shooting or hunting ,defense or plain fun plinking.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 13 June 2015

Welcome to the Cast Bullet Association's forum.

We have a lot of knowledgeable folks here who like to help and offer encouragement. We will also look forward to you answering some of our questions when we get stumped.   We have a standing offer for a couple of free issues of the Cast Bullet Association's journal “The Fouling Shot". if you are interested in taking a look just PM me your email address and I will send them right out -- no obligation or future bugging you.

John

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 14 June 2015

Welcome to the happy (mostly) group of experimenters.  Like John said: “We have a lot of very knowledgeable people here.” ,  and then there are those like me who just want to have fun and shoot a lot. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Close