New guy

• 1.8K Views
  • Last Post 27 June 2015
larryd posted this 25 June 2015

hi everyone. Just to say  hi. Have been a bench shooter sence the 60's in some way or another. Just got into the cast bullet thing with a 32-20 Browning Highwall I put togather. Got a lot to learn about casting. Larry 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 25 June 2015

Welcome, from another 32/20 fan. Ric

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 25 June 2015

Hi Larry,  Welcome to the CBA forum.

We have a lot of knowledgeable folks here who like to help and offer encouragement. We will also look forward to you answering some of our questions when we get stumped.

We have a standing offer for a couple of free issues of the Cast Bullet Association's journal “The Fouling Shot". if you are interested in taking a look just PM me your email address and I will send them right out -- no obligation or future bugging you.

John

Attached Files

Thanks for the welcome.

Larry

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 25 June 2015

wow ... i can't think of a more funner way to start cast bullets ... than a browning high wall in 32-20 !!

when you get time it would be interesting to see what chamber browning is using ... a lead upset slug or cerrosafe casting would be a good start to getting a proper fitting bullet .

there are several posts in the archives here on doing a chamber/throat image .. it is searchable, or just ask y we would be glad to discuss the procedure again .

the above is because it is starting to look as tho the trick to get accuracy with cast bullets is to get the bullet that first inch or so down the barrel without bending it all up ... metlle jackets don't seem to care quite as much ( g ) ...

ken

Attached Files

Oops did I type 32-20 ?. Should have been 32-40. It's not a Browning factory barrel, it's a BRC barrel that I cambered a fit my self.

Larry

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 26 June 2015

32-40 eh ? even better ... i grew up shooting win. hi-walls y stevens 44 y 44 1/2 in 32-40 mostly with No.80 powder ...

i think you are in the Kings row ... have fun !!

ken

Attached Files

jhalcott posted this 26 June 2015

get a selfie so you will KNOW when you've pulled enough hair out! This CAN be a fun game or not Welcome to the club!

Attached Files

larryd posted this 26 June 2015

Thank guys. Like I said, this lead bullet shooting thing is new to me. I grew up shooting copper jacket stuff. First rifle I built was in high school, a 220 swift on a Mexican Muoser action. That was in the early 60'. Have been shooting Br's Ppc, that sort of stuff. Just got into single shot stuff the last couple years. Put togather a 222r on a Martini Cadet, a Stevens 44 22lr, a h&A 722 22lr, and the high wall 32-40. Having fun with all of that!.

Larry

Attached Files

muley posted this 27 June 2015

Welcome aboard Larry, good to see another bench shooter. u, have all the technique to compete. get that 32-40 shooting and come to the CBA national shoot at the Whittington Center in Raton NM September 10-13 2015. We would be glad to have u and u would enjoy yourself.

Attached Files

larryd posted this 27 June 2015

Thanks for the invite. Will see if can work out

Larry

Attached Files

Close