Scope Mount for 30-40 krag

• 2.2K Views
  • Last Post 17 July 2015
LWesthoff posted this 05 July 2015

Is there a scope mount for a Krag action that will allow the bolt to be removed for breech-first cleaning, without removing the whole darned scope every time? Wes

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 06 July 2015

Sorry Wes, I only know of the barrel mount with Lyman Alaskan or pistol scope that will work. The others that I know of (Weaver, B&L, and Kranski {sp?}) all require you to remove the scope or the side plate. Ric

Attached Files

LWesthoff posted this 06 July 2015

Hadn't thought of a barrel mounted long eye relief Scout-type job. I'll have to give that some thought.
The old Krag is pretty accurate out to 200 yds. with the little old 2 3/4x Scopechief that's on it now, and that setup worked fine for hunting, but I kind of thought I'd like to see what it would do in an MR match.

Wes

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 06 July 2015

I played with a sporter with one Weaver high ring on the front of the receiver. With a small, Weaver K-4, objective lens, I could get an ejector up, but it was close. I don't know how stabile it was either. Ric

Attached Files

norm posted this 07 July 2015

Wes, Go with the scout scope set up. I tried a S&K mount on my Krag and could not remove the bolt with the scope in place. Reverted to the old Weaver J 2.5x in a Weaver side for match shooting. Have not decided if I'm going the scout scope route or mount a reciever sight and shoot modified iron sight class.

Attached Files

Rich/WIS posted this 16 July 2015

There is a company call IIRC Kraghaus that makes a scout scope mount that uses the original rear sight holes and takes Weaver rings. You will have to google them as I don't know how to link a site.

Attached Files

LWesthoff posted this 17 July 2015

Thanks, Rich. Had a little trouble finding them, but when I did, I also stumbled into an interesting Krag forum. Their mounts look like just what I've been looking for.

Wes

Attached Files

Close