Lyman 429360

• 1.6K Views
  • Last Post 22 August 2015
Pigslayer posted this 22 August 2015

Was thinking of having Accurate molds making a 2-cavity clone of the Lyman 429360 for my new .44 Special. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new toy so I can take some measurements.  Any input on this bullet would be appreciated.   Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
delmarskid1 posted this 22 August 2015

It looks like a shooter Pat. I wonder if something like that is available at about 200g.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 wrote: It looks like a shooter Pat. I wonder if something like that is available at about 200g. I'm sure that Accurate could come up with that configuration. Here is what I found that was close only in 210 gr..

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 wrote: It looks like a shooter Pat. I wonder if something like that is available at about 200g. Here's another that is slightly different and in 200 gr..

Attached Files

mckg posted this 22 August 2015

Mike Venturino pitched a few dual cavities molds against each others some 30 years ago, and the 360 lost against the 421 in the accuracy department. He did segregate cavities in that article, if I remember correctly.

It gave me the feeling that noses cut with straight lines wouldn't shoot as well a streamlined ones.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 22 August 2015

My personal opinion, we know that is worth, is that the part that is lacking is a throat diameter driving band ahead of the crimp groove. It needs to extend up into the cylinder enough to align the bullet and let the case float. Ric

Attached Files

RicinYakima wrote: My personal opinion, we know that is worth, is that the part that is lacking is a throat diameter driving band ahead of the crimp groove. It needs to extend up into the cylinder enough to align the bullet and let the case float. Ric That can be modified.

Attached Files

Close