New member from Bavaria

• 1.9K Views
  • Last Post 12 December 2015
Reverend posted this 20 November 2015

Howdy to all! New to this forum, started shooting and reloading over 20 years ago. Little casting experience, only a few years :) Cast for .357, .44-40, .45 colt, .45 acp, .454 casull, .45-70 and slugs for 12 gauge. Like to shoot cowboy action and holy black:) If you want to know more feel free to ask.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 20 November 2015

Reverand,

Welcome to the CBA forum. We are always glad to have another international member.

I think you will find an agreeable group here ready to answer questions, discuss all sorts of things, as well ask interesting questions that you may have answers for.

If you would to know more about the CBA PM me your email address and I will send a couple of digital copies of our journal “The Fouling Shot".

John

Attached Files

oscarflytyer posted this 21 November 2015

Rev

Beautiful place in the world! I got around the opposite side of Munich many years ago! Welcome aboard.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 22 November 2015

Reverend,

We have similar interests. I have not been to Germany since the 1980s, but visited the Schott glassworks, Leitz Wetzlar, Zeiss Oberkoken, Heckler & Koch and the Mauser Werke when I was there.

I don't know if you ever get to Italy to shoot Cowboy matches, but Giorgio, aka “Buffalo George” is also a regular here, and it was my great pleasure to visit with him and shoot a few matches several years ago.

You are most welcome on the forum and I would be pleased to offer any assistance I can on questions which you might have. Waidmannsheil!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Reverend posted this 22 November 2015

Thank you for welcome me! I live 60 miles east of munich. @ Ed: seems you are a hunter, the german hunter say Waidmannsheil :-) No I was not at a CAS match in Italy, hope to go there in the future. Was in Austria a few times, with my wife. Great matches and nice people. Once we met a guy from Oregon, was nice and very interesting to talk to him.

Attached Files

Jim Betush posted this 24 November 2015

Reverend ... Welcome & Waidmannsdanke!

Attached Files

Reverend posted this 27 November 2015

Jim, thank you for welcome me! Yes, Waidmannsdank :D

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 28 November 2015

Welcome to the insanity Reverend. It's good to have you aboard. Brodie

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Reverend posted this 29 November 2015

Thank you Brodie. Sounds great!

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 29 November 2015

Reverend; Welcome to the Forum. My son was stationed in Bavaria for five years back in the nineties. My wife and I were privileged to have spent nine weeks there over a three year period (mostly in Bavaria but also Austria and Southern France).

We thoroughly enjoyed the country and the people. We had a WONDERFUL time.

Dale53

Attached Files

gunauthor posted this 29 November 2015

Reverend: I was stationed at Storck barracks in Illesheim in the early seventies. Welcome to the forum !!!!

Attached Files

Reverend posted this 03 December 2015

Thank you Dale53 and thank you gunauthor! I am glad you like Bavaria, the best part of Germany ;)

Attached Files

giorgio the slim one posted this 07 December 2015

Wellcome pard , I see you use cast bullets in a row of old west calibers ,me too . I am a fan of  gang molds producingd bullets of correct diameter requiring no sizing and usingh Liquid alox .A lot of German cowboys come to Italy for the  fourth of July cowboy matches at Agna , between Padua and the sea.( wild west rebels  gun club)I travelled  often ,with pleasure southern germany ,  between Lindau and Salzburg .  

Attached Files

Reverend posted this 12 December 2015

Howdy giorgio, thank you for your welcome! Yes, the old west calibers are my favorites, I use cast bullets in all my guns, except my swiss rifle G11. Most molds are Accurate, some Lee, one RCBS and one Lyman. Lubrisizer is a LAM II, homemade lube, works well for smokeless and black. I have heard about Agna, but was not able to go there until now. Was in Haringsee/Austria, and in Haag/Austria. Maybe next year in Steinbrunn. Maybe we meet on a match in the future, would be great! Was a few times at a campground in Jesolo for vacation. Italy is a beautiful country!

Attached Files

Close