My second home made Bunny Gun

• 2.8K Views
  • Last Post 23 December 2015
fineredmist_7 posted this 29 November 2015

I chambered it in 32 S&W long. The metal stocks and the crab apple wood is left over from a airgun project I ruined by not checking the tram on the boss's bridgeport head.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
fineredmist_7 posted this 29 November 2015

This one shows the entire rifle. The barrel is a 9” piece off of the muzzle of a 303, permanently suspended inside that big piece of thin wall pipe. There are 3 aluminum rings inside that pipe. One at the receiver ring, one at the muzzle end of the 303 barrel, also supporting a piece of 3/8 id pipe, which is supported at the actual muzzle by the third aluminum ring. The pipe is welded to the receiver so it cannot come apart.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 29 November 2015

i like it !!

ken

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 29 November 2015

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=1524>fineredmist_7

Your project is so creative that I am tempted to show one of mine except for the questionable legality. My project is for exterminating stubborn burrowing varmints, I use a smooth bore 37 mm Civilian model CM2037 launcher with spent 10” long 37mm prison crowd control baton shells reloaded with a Pyrodex blowing charge and 4 ounces Sterno gelled alcohol for close range fuel-air mist detonation of varmint dens. My pressure seals from 35mm film canister containers seal the 37mm shells so well that sometimes I just use gasoline instead of Sterno, gas is a lot cheaper. Either way, varmints or Liberals can only breath fire once.

Except for my pals at the BATF, I would love to post a video.

Gary

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 29 November 2015

onondaga wrote: http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=1524>fineredmist_7

Your project is so creative that I am tempted to show one of mine except for the questionable legality. My project is for exterminating stubborn burrowing varmints, I use a smooth bore 37 mm Civilian model CM2037 launcher with spent 10” long 37mm prison crowd control baton shells reloaded with a Pyrodex blowing charge and 4 ounces Sterno gelled alcohol for close range fuel-air mist detonation of varmint dens. My pressure seals from 35mm film canister containers seal the 37mm shells so well that sometimes I just use gasoline instead of Sterno, gas is a lot cheaper. Either way, varmints or Liberals can only breath fire once.

Except for my pals at the BATF, I would love to post a video.

Gary Flame thrower my neighbor uses to burn briars on fencerows seems lots easier.  A little hard on the fenceposts, but sure makes it easier to spot the groundhog holes! http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/what-is-flame-weeding-information-on-flame-weeding-in-gardens.htm

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 29 November 2015

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=207>Ed Harris,,I have one of those flame throwers. Here in WNY we commonly use those for snow/ice removal around the home.  Those just don't have the punch of 4 oz. of gasoline blasted out of a CM2037.

Gary

Attached Files

EvanGuy posted this 30 November 2015

I love everything discussed in this thread. And im in canada so i know my home made guns are not able to make a premiere anywhere but on my property.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 30 November 2015

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=9178>EvanGuy

Hope you feel welcome! I made my first zip-gun from John Browning drawings in the library in 1958. Then, at 8 years, I did not understand the concept of a dis-connector in a semi-auto and full auto was quite a surprise.   Yours looks fun and reasonably safe.

Gary

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 30 November 2015

Reading this post and the replies brought back some memories of my previous life. Periodically over the course of 25 yrs. one of the activities was for the troops to retour the states long term stone motel for the purpose of familiarization. Built some time in the 1880's as I recall. At the end of our tours we were shown some of the tenants handy work. Wish I had some photos. They would fit right in.   As a side note, my first exposure to this place was in 1974 and we were shown the facility's arms room. Even at that time I couldn't believe what I saw. Colt SA army .45's. 1873 Winchester 44-40's, two with consecutive SN's and 97 Winchester riot shotguns. All, as you might imagine, in pristine condition.

Attached Files

EvanGuy posted this 01 December 2015

I chambered my home made bolt action 38, in .357 so i could i could use them to proof it, i fired five 357's holding the gun in a vice and used string lol and then thorough inspection of the bolt. long story short i feel confident firing regular 38 special factory load

Attached Files

Reg posted this 03 December 2015

I talked with fineredmist_7 for a short while this afternoon.For clarification,the design is adapted from the Frank deHass Chicope design with appropriate modifications. Don't let the picture's fool you, it is a work in progress and when finished out will look just fine. This is not his first work to grace the pages of this forum, if you will remember a couple of years back he came up with a cylindrical breech block falling block design that was very innovative. Nice work Matt. You really should write up a detailed article in the FS and am looking forward to those close up action shots.

As a PS to EvanGuy Wish we could see some of your work.  Nice home brewed designs made by sharp thinking individuals with limited tools should be a inspiration to some who are lucky enough to have a full shop full of equipment.

Attached Files

fineredmist_7 posted this 12 December 2015

I have made some progress in shaping the stocks.

Attached Files

fineredmist_7 posted this 15 December 2015

oops post with no pic

Attached Files

Here they are with the first coat of oil on them

Attached Files

In this pic you can see the grip-stock bolts loose. The idea is that the rifle breaks down to fit in a backpack.

Attached Files

I am hoping to have the metal work finished by Christmas, So my son and I can go plinking together.  At a later time I will make some slabs for the receiver sides and an adjustable cheek piece. Which should hide most of the metal framework.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 17 December 2015

you scratch builders are my heroes !!!

keep on carrying on !!!

my first gunsmithing project was when i wuz 11 years old i reamed my hubley six shooter cap gun cylinder for 22 rimfire ..

since i am still here you can probably figure i didn't proof fire it ...

i still have my pair of those magnificent hubleys, by the way !!! the class of all cap guns ...

ken

Attached Files

fineredmist_7 posted this 23 December 2015

I got the the metal work blued up, and started waxing the woodwork

Attached Files

Close