Cylinderhone.net

• 2K Views
  • Last Post 09 January 2016
Pigslayer posted this 19 December 2015

Sent my .44 Special cylinder out to Paul Phillips at Cylinderhone.net. He's going to ream the throats out to .432". Can't wait to get it back.

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
bandmiller2 posted this 20 December 2015

Slayer, you have already done it but Brownells sells a piloted reamer for the task and its a cake walk to use. If a fella has more than one cylinder to ream, it pays to buy, especially if you have buddies to share the cost. Frank C.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 20 December 2015

Pat: I had Doug Phillips (DougGuy @ Boolits) open up the cylinders on my 44-40 Ruger Vaquero and throat, polish the ramp and crown the barrel of my Ruger 97DC 45ACP. Both guns now shoot cast as they should with NO leading. Very nice work and at a very fair price. ($99 for both) I recommend Doug if any of you need this work done. Gp

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 20 December 2015

bandmiller2 wrote: Slayer, you have already done it but Brownells sells a piloted reamer for the task and its a cake walk to use. If a fella has more than one cylinder to ream, it pays to buy, especially if you have buddies to share the cost. Frank C. The largest reamer they have only goes to .431". I'm having Doug take mine out to .432". I have a lot of skills but think I will leave this job to the pros. He does this stuff every day and from what I hear he is very good at it. But . . . . I am keeping my out for a set of Starrett small hole gauges!

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 27 December 2015

Got notice yesterday that my cylinder is on it's way back. Doug is fast!

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 09 January 2016

Hopefully the weather will be clear tomorrow for a little range time with the newly honed cylinder!!

Attached Files

Close