Buffalo Arms

• 3.1K Views
  • Last Post 28 February 2016
Pigslayer posted this 26 December 2015

I like these people. Done business with them before. If I need an oddball sizing die, they have it. Needed a .433 for my .444 Marlin Handi & they had it. Now I need a .432 for my .44 Special & am getting ready to order it. Lyman doesn't make a .432. RCBS used to but not anymore. These are custom sizing dies and are more expensive but . . . they have them. Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
marlin39a posted this 16 January 2016

I have to pick up a package at PO this morning from them. I used to order from Midway, but the shipping is to expensive. Also I've had items marked as shipped, that weren't in the package. My last order from them took 2 weeks. Yes, I like Buffalo Arms. 2 days to my home. Good prices, most items readily available.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 16 January 2016

Don't know what bullet you are using in you Ruger but in my NMB 44 Special I use an old RCBS 246 grn. PB SWC. And instead of being faced with buying another expensive Saeco Sizing die, I just lapped the mold out a bit. Then shoot those bullets as cast after lubing with alox. Made things a lot more simple.

Attached Files

chsparkman posted this 16 January 2016

I agree. Buffalo arms is a great company to deal with. I'm waiting on a .477 die that's on backorder, but I know I'll get it eventually. Midway has recently reduced their shipping charges. I wouldn't be a reloader if it weren't for Midway.

Attached Files

mtngun posted this 19 February 2016

I have nothing against the Buffalo Arms company, I have done business with them in the past and would do it again if the need arose.   That said, the one 2015 vintage Buffalo Arms die that I examined was a joke and I cannot recommend buying one.

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 20 February 2016

I usually just lap out existing sizes when I need a bigger bullet, of have Lathesmith make me what I want. I believe he's still a site sponsor here.

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 20 February 2016

David Lee recommended Alice and I try nose-first sizing for her .308 Savage. 

Two dies were ordered for s Star Lubri-sizer, .310 and .3115 diameter, so the bullets could be pushed through nose-first for sizing. 

The dies came from Lathesmith; we were very satisfied for quality, delivery time and doing what was requested.

The dies work well and initial results are promising, the outliers are getting closer to the core group. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

rmrix posted this 21 February 2016

mtngun wrote: I have nothing against the Buffalo Arms company, I have done business with them in the past and would do it again if the need arose.   That said, the one 2015 vintage Buffalo Arms die that I examined was a joke and I cannot recommend buying one. Wow! mtgun I agree with you. That is a useless sizer die the way it is in the first picture. 

I am very surprised to see something like that come from Buffalo Arms Co unless this die was somehow “one that got out” before it was finished or a cull or unfinished production sample or some other reason.

As you know, Dave Gullo is an active shooter of cast bullets and I doubt that this item was intended to be a complete product. Just my 2 cents worth... of course.

Did you contact them to make them aware of the unfinished sizer die you received? Maybe there are more in the sales bin waiting to go out and need to be removed from stock.

I do know this from buying from them, they bend over backward to correct any problems, sometimes going well beyond by making good on issues not of there making.

Clearly you have machine shop skills. Maybe you thought it was just easier to correct it and be done with it. I can understand that too.

-Michael Rix

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 23 February 2016

I have a .433 from Buffalo Arms without any issues. I just (today) ordered a .432. Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 24 February 2016

"Trust, but verify.” President Reagan

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 24 February 2016

mtngun wrote: I have nothing against the Buffalo Arms company, I have done business with them in the past and would do it again if the need arose.   That said, the one 2015 vintage Buffalo Arms die that I examined was a joke and I cannot recommend buying one.  When you bought your die from Buffalo Arms did you buy the custom made die @ $48.00 or the Lyman made die @ $28.00? I would assume that you bought the Lyman .359 die @ $28.00 rather than the custom one at $48.00. If it was a Lyman made die I would imagine that it came in Lyman packaging & the defects would not have been seen by Buffalo Arms personnel due to that. Either way I would contact them. I know that they will make it right.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 27 February 2016

Received my new .432” sizing die today from Buffalo Arms. Yes, it is a custom made sizing die as Neither Lyman nor RCBS makes that size. It does NOT have the chamfer at the mouth. It does NOT need it as the mouth is at .4385” & tapers to .432". So what's the big deal about not having the chamfer?? Aesthetics??

Attached Files

rmrix posted this 28 February 2016

mtngun's first post lead me to think that the sizer die he received from BAC was a 0.359” cylinder, end to end.

Yes,his picture showed no chamfer, which optional and just enough is needed to break the wire edge but more importantly no taper. If this is wrong and mtngun's was tapered to the degree yours is,0.006+", it was not clear in the first post.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 28 February 2016

rmrix wrote: mtngun's first post lead me to think that the sizer die he received from BAC was a 0.359” cylinder, end to end.

Yes,his picture showed no chamfer, which optional and just enough is needed to break the wire edge but more importantly no taper. If this is wrong and mtngun's was tapered to the degree yours is,0.006+", it was not clear in the first post.
rmrix,      Sorry, I didn't mean to sound arrogant in my last post. My apologies. One of those days I guess. I checked my other (.433) die that I got from Buffalo Arms & it is machined the same way. Good looking dies that work well. Pat

Attached Files

rmrix posted this 28 February 2016

Good morning Pat, We are good! You, ....are a gentleman! Michael Rix

Attached Files

Close