liquid alox limits

• 1.3K Views
  • Last Post 19 February 2016
R. Dupraz posted this 18 February 2016

How fast can LA be pushed?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
99 Strajght posted this 18 February 2016

I have shot at 2200fps for both 22 and 30 cal. No problems.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 18 February 2016

Thanks 99. Working on something here where I want some where between 1200 fps -- maybe 1600 depending.

Attached Files

99 Strajght posted this 18 February 2016

Go with a very light coat. That works better for me.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 18 February 2016

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=82>R. Dupraz

I have shot it to 2550 with no lube failure, 10 shots left a lube star on the muzzle crown. Accuracy had fallen off at lower velocity but that was not the fault of the lube, the lube made it to the muzzle and the bore did not lead. I believe bore condition from my Bore Polishing Method is a likely enhancing factor also. But the 2550 fps  easily stands for my use of Lee LLA with my stuff.

A admit no limit by velocity for Lee LLA tumble lube. Bullet fit and alloy selection for the load level dwarf the importance of lube. If you are going to refudiate that, you are not convincing me if you only cite failures with bullets I didn't fit and alloys I didn't cast to match the load level in a bore I didn't polish.

1800 - 2000 fps is where cast rifle shooters usually begin to lose hope, it is lower for pistols.  I am going to say, they don't do it well enough to do better. It is not the lube and they have incorrectly assigned a scapegoat.

Gary

Attached Files

Scearcy posted this 18 February 2016

RD I have used 45-45-10 exclusively this winter.  Between the two tests I have been working on, I have fired approximately 225 rounds in two rifles.  Velocities have been in the 1400-1800 fps range.  I worried some about the cold weather we have here on the tundra but that has not proven to be a problem.  I agree with 99 straight that lighter seems to be better.  warm bullet, warm lube Jim 

Attached Files

mtngun posted this 19 February 2016

Just my 2 cents: a more meaningful question is, how does __ perform compared to other lubes, when shot in the same load on the same day?

I have sometimes obtained decent results with LLA or 45/45/10 or Rooster Jacket at up to 2000 fps with plain base bullets. But .... certain other lubes gave better results in the same load on the same day.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 19 February 2016

For my purposes, I'll decide what's “more meaningful” and what's not.

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 19 February 2016

Thanks JHS

Attached Files

Close