Powder measurement

• 4.7K Views
  • Last Post 21 March 2016
Eutectic posted this 26 February 2016

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
onondaga posted this 26 February 2016

you edited on “Thu Feb 25th, 2016 09:27 pm by http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=6924>Eutectic",

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=6924>now you have zero post content

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 02 March 2016

Yes I could not get the pictures into the text like I wanted. It looks like using a PDF file is the way to go.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 02 March 2016

A photobucket account is an easy way to get pictures in posts on this forum. Put your photos in photobucket, then copy and drop the IMG code in your post text. It is really easy when you watch a digitally savvy kid do it. I learned from my 10 year old granddaughter when no amount of trying to figure it out on my own worked.

You cannot drag and drop images in a forum like you do word processing, you have to use IMG code on internet forums or you will post no pictures in your forum posts. This is the internet, not Microsoft Word. You have to use IMG codes.

Gary

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 02 March 2016

TEST for Microsoft drag and drop. Works for me from desktop and Office Picture Manager.

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 02 March 2016

http://castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=50>RicinYakima

That is working for you. Your Image ID shows as : http://castbulletassoc.org/attachment.php?id=6490>http://castbulletassoc.org/attachment.php?id=6490

That is a JPEG file, not an IMG code, but it is working.

I use a freeware word processor, Apache Open Office. I have no “Picture Manager” in Open Office. Microsoft Word costs more than my laptop, so I won't be getting it. Bootleg versions of Word won't update and glitch on me. That is great that the “picture manager” feature works for you.

However, when I delete word files, my images are still in Photobucket and will post years from now unless I delete them in photobucket. Your image files will be lost in a crash unless you saved them to cloud. MS Word is not an internet image host. I believe you are using the CBA as a limited host.

Gary

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 03 March 2016

OK, I'm still running Windows 7 and Office 2003? It is a lot simpler than the new stuff that I never use. Ric

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 03 March 2016

Gotta say that XP-Pro was the most logical and intuitive for me to get well into the system. Everything and much more is in Win 10 and routes through the system have a logic that is touch and voice accessible. Yes, it is not as easy to learn, but it is genuine progress in my opinion.

I hope I live long enough to experience a direct transcieve brain data link to an operating system. That is developmental and not SyFy anymore. I am very sure my grandchildren will link up way before they are my age.

Gary

Attached Files

R. Dupraz posted this 03 March 2016

Windows 7, Download into into the pictures library from my Canon, find photo,open, appears in the attachment box in the message window. Simple, fast, easy.

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 03 March 2016

OK, the use of the computer lectures are almost interesting. But what was the original topic and what is being discussed there? Just curious....

Tom

Attached Files

Original topic was erased by the poster.

Attached Files

Ric,

Thanks, I suspected that but wasn't sure. Glad my son is into this computer stuff so he can teach me. Otherwise I'm as dumb as a box of rocks!

On the subject of powder measurement, I've been loading for a .38 Special, .45 ACP and .41 Mag. using Bullseye, WW 231, Unique and SR 4756. My Redding (BR-30?) doesn't get me into repeatable “light” charge weights. So I'm slowly being converted to the RCBS Little Dandy, which is surprisingly repeatable for the low end charge weights. True, you end up with a collection of fixed capacity rotors but it seems to make sense.

FWIW.

Tom

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 03 March 2016

computer backup ignore if boring ..

...i use sandisk brand thumb drives ... 25 gig ( $15 ) should do it for most home users .... i make a new folder called *backup data * in my c drive, then direct all data to go there. emails, browser, downloads, photos...all in their own folders of course.

when backing up weekly, plug in sbr port, find it in c-drive, open c drive again to find original, then click and drag the original backup folder to your thumb drive and leave alone until it is done. remove thumb drive and keep in safe place.

thumb drives not perfect, so you might buy two ..but i have never lost a sandisk in 20 years . if you backup a spare ... you can carry it around and bore people with pics of your grandkids .

ken

Attached Files

Tom,

Since I travel in my 5th Wheel a lot, the Little Dandy has been very well used. They other is the older brass and cast iron Pacific pistol measures. They take a standard size of brass that I can turn out rotors for easily on the lathe. The Pacific well not do flake powders unless the tolerance are held closely, which some did not.

At the loading bench, the Harrell's Brothers Schuetzen measure is better than anything I have found. It will do flake powders as well as anything I have found.

HTH, Ric

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 03 March 2016

I also use the Little Dandy alot, I have accumulated the full set of rotors and also custom-bored a couple larger ones which will drop up to about 30 grains of RL7 for my common cast bullet rifle loads.

I would like to find somebody who can make me a rotor of free machining brass to drop 36+/- grains of 3Fg black for the .45 Colt and .44-40 and a longer 6” drop tube would be nice too.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Ed, I've tried that and could not figure out a way to fill the edges of the rotor cavity. Since I'm just a hack machinist, someone well trained may have a solution to that issue. If the top of the rotor is bigger than the powder entrance hole, it doesn't fill the edges the same every time, as in 10% difference. Ric

Attached Files

My next powder measure purchase will be a Harrell's. Sinclair is at least one source. Not sure which model, there are possibly (5). What an inexpensive hobby we have!

Tom

Attached Files

TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 05 March 2016

onondaga wrote: ...

I hope I live long enough to experience a direct transcieve brain data link to an operating system. ...

Gary If my wife got that the computer would blow up!

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 06 March 2016

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=97>TRK,

I'm laughing! My older brother says there is only one kind of woman....they are all the same model. He's right man.

A good friend of mine has Asberger's and his IQ is so high it can't be measured well. He would probably have more fun than your wife of myself. He is the young man I give online video guitar lessons to and I have known about 8 years. He is in college in Texas. We are working on Maleguena, he has been playing less than a year and he gets music! His hands are catching up. As a musician, I'd call him what is known as a good “sight player". His mind linked up to an OS would wander free. I'd bet he'd feel cured of having a brain that is too busy with the room of a  good Artificial Intelligence Operating System.

That is Science Fiction transitioning stuff today but that young man is young. I believe he will make it there.

Gary

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 06 March 2016

onondaga wrote: http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=97>TRK,

I'm laughing! My older brother says there is only one kind of woman....they are all the same model. He's right man.

Gary
I'm sure that they feel the same way about us. LOL Pat

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Pigslayer posted this 06 March 2016

I have read about Asberger's & they now call it “high functioning autism. The brain activity must be in hyper-drive or perpetual motion focusing on a narrow band of subjects or single subject.      High Intelligence Quotient can be something envied or feared by those in the normal range. It is not all it's cracked up to be by the individual possessing high scores encompassing all ten intelligence levels and can be accompanied by eclecticism . . . to the extreme. There is a very thin line between genius & insanity and can at times be like walking the edge of a razor blade.       I find the your post concerning your friend an interesting one and can only imagine the joy in him if he were able to “link up” to a computer. I think that he would need a program like “Procomm Plus” on steroids!      Thanks for your post Gary. Pat.     

If someone else had of done to me what I did to myself . . . I'd have killed him. Humility is an asset. Heh - heh.

Attached Files

Show More Posts
Close