Introduction

• Last Post 26 February 2016
PredFan posted this 26 February 2016

Very excited to join. Been making my own ammo for a few years now. Recently started making my own bullets as well. I reload 30-06, 44 Mag, 40 S&W, 380 Auto, 223 Remington, 31 mag, 357 mag, 38 special, and 25 auto. I cast the bullets for my 44 mag, 31 mag and slugs for my 12 ga. I very much need help with reloading shotgun shells though. Any way, I live in Florida, I'm a veteran (US Navy), I'm in Healthcare, I have 5 grown daughters, and I'm an avid Hog Hunter and fisherman. Can't think of anything else.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 26 February 2016

I am working on a .380 ACP project with several other fellows, Dave Bryant published his results in the most recent Fouling Shot with respect to the locked breech pistols, mine focussing on the 1934 Beretta will follow in a later issue. Would like to hear what you are loading, for which pistol and results!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

gunarea posted this 26 February 2016

Hey PredFan Welcome! My guess is you are closer to Orlando while I am closer to Jax. USMC here and now retired. 12ga is something I am familiar with. C'mon up and share some reloading juice, I'll bet we can get your 12ga situation whipped in short order. We probably have some hog stories with more than one thing in common. pm me with some particulars
Roy

Shoot often, Shoot well

Attached Files

Full disclosure, I'm here because I'm a rookie. I've only been reloading for a couple of years. I'm not sure I understand much of what you are doing. I use my 380 for concealed carry. I reload all of my target ammo. I buy hollow point for use when carrying. So far I've had no duds, misfires, or any other problems. 

Attached Files

Hey Roy:I live in South Orlando, almost in Osceola County. Again in full disclosure here, I don't own wooded land so I pay for guided hog hunts. Many that I've been on we're tree stands over feeders, which I'm trying to get away from. I've now been on one stalking hunt and one hunt with dogs, both guided. I'm hooked though. I'm looking forward to the day when I go after a big trophy boar. The biggest one I've gotten so far is a 160 pound meat hog. Most of the ones at the tree stand/feeders that I've gotten were between 80 and 120 pounds. Hey, it's still pork though.

I bought the Lee press for shotgun reloading. It will do all gauges. The problem I've been having is with what shells to use but mainly with the wads. There are SO many options in the stores and on-line with names like “H294-p16-74gi7360"!!!!! It's not so simple like reloading pistol and rifle ammo. I have to admit to being intimidated by it all. My reloading press remains packed in its box.:(

Attached Files

Close