New Member North TX

• Last Post 05 March 2016
Wayne Dobbs posted this 02 March 2016

Hello folks, I'm from the North TX area and have been shooting and loading for well over 40 years.  Love to handgun hunt with cast bullets and have killed many deer with same! I'm a retired LEO and firearms instructor and still make a living doing the instruction part for Colt as one of their six armorer instructors. Looking forward to spending time with y'all! Wayne Dobbs

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
billglaze posted this 02 March 2016

Leo: Welcome aboard! Lots of fun, and fine knowledgeable folk abound here. Seldom do our “discussions” get any more heated than lukewarm; one of the several reasons I love this list.

Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

Westhoff posted this 03 March 2016

Welcome aboard! Think you'll like it here. Lots of CB shooters here who can help with most any problem we run into, and likewise, lots of shooters who'll be mining your store of knowledge, too.

Where in North Texas? I worked out of Lubbock running survey for a doodlebugging crew back in '58 -'59. Got a hunch things have changed some since then.

Wes

Attached Files

onondaga posted this 03 March 2016

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/view_user.php?id=9675>Wayne Dobbs,

Hello and welcome. Casting is my favorite part of the hobby. I am a retired casting analyst, instructor and consultant from a precious dental alloy gold mining and refining company. Casting gold since age 5 and bullets since 7. Now 65. I like big bore rifles and shoot about 100 pounds of cast bullets a year in many calibers.

Gary

Attached Files

Wayne Dobbs posted this 04 March 2016

Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Westhoff, I'm located in Allen, in Collin County.

Attached Files

Westhoff posted this 05 March 2016

Gonna have to get out the Atlas and look up Collin County. Been a long time (actually, when I started counting, it was “51 and '52 when I was in Lubbock). Left there in '52 to take a job in California, on the Upper Mojave Desert.

Never did figure out which was worse: dust storms in the Texas panhandle or sandstorms in the California desert! When you're trying to run a survey crew, neither one is very helpful.

Wes

Attached Files

Close