Second generation member

• Last Post 13 March 2016
MarkinEllensburg posted this 12 March 2016

After lurking here off and on for the last few years I've finally decided to join the forum and the Association. My aging father, Richard Stripes was a long time member and former 100yd heavy rifle record holder. My oldest son decided that he needed to buy a Model 94 Winchester so he is bringing my interest back into shooting, casting and reloading. Some hobbies I put on the back burner while he and his twin sister were growing up. I look forward to joining the conversation. I'm not liking the cost of components these days!

http://blackwalnutjigs.com/images/checkering/stock5.jpg

A simple pattern I did for my Dad on one of his No.1's.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 12 March 2016

Welcome back to the fold! Enjoy your time here, but don't look at jacketed bullet reloading costs. It will take your breath away. Best wishes, Ric

Attached Files

muley posted this 12 March 2016

welcome aboard and back. nice job on the stock. get those kids involved, we always like the kids to show us how to shoot.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 12 March 2016

Welcome to the CBA forum. I think you will find this a good place to learn from each other so don't be bashful either when you have a question or an answer to someone else's question.

The CBA has a standing offer to new forum members of a couple of issues of our journal The Fouling Shot.  If you would like to read a few articles about various aspects of cast bullet shooting just PM me your email address and I will send you digital copies.  We promise not to bug you further.

Beautiful job on the checkering and beautiful wood.

I met your father when he attended the 2007 CBA nationals in Manassas a fellow small bore shooter -- at least in that match.

John

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 12 March 2016

welcome ! a great story and hope you enjoy the forum and the stories and reports of other members and their adventures with cast bullets and the guns they are used in . we range from black powder flinters and through moose hunters to bench group shooters .

hey ...a number 1 !! now there are 2 of #1 !! sooner or later we will get a forum e-match going for ruger 1/3 casters !! so far... because the don't have an external hammer ... we don't have a e-match here on the forum ... interested in starting one ?? they are extremely informal and are just for fun ...

we look forward to your exploits with the 94 !! please keep us informed ... i think we all love the lever actions ...

ken

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 12 March 2016

Ken, did the URL that Paul posted work O.K.? For the article about pistol carry? If not, let me know, and I'll map the rather convoluted path I took to get to it. It's worth a lot of effort, I believe, for those of us who carry. (At a wild guess, I'd say most of us on this forum.)

Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

MarkinEllensburg posted this 13 March 2016

Thanks for the welcome y'all!

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 13 March 2016

bill ... yes, got it . it says to me that reliabilty and easy to hit with are good things ... i carried a ruger 22 auto for years and felt pretty confident . ken

Attached Files

Close