Herters Brass , made in Sweden by WHO???

• 2.2K Views
  • Last Post 07 July 2016
sherlock posted this 07 April 2016

I scored 4 boxes of Herters  6.5 x 55 brass at a local gun show.  It says “Made in Sweden." Does anyone KNOW who made it?  Ii would tell  you how much I paid but I do not like to see grown men cry. To be used in  my Swede rifles.   Many thanks   Sherlock   With cast bullets and Trail Boss powder

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 07 April 2016

The only brass maker in Sweden is Norma, as far as I have ever heard.

Attached Files

Westhoff posted this 07 April 2016

My supply of Herter '06 brass is finally getting pretty low, and I wish it were still available. I agree with Ric, it was always my understanding that Norma made Herter's brass. Consider yourself VERY lucky! In my experience it was good stuff, very uniform, and long lasting (with decent treatment).

I'm jealous!

Wes

Attached Files

admiral posted this 08 April 2016

I have Herter's brass that says “Made in Sweden” and some that says “Made in Finland"

Attached Files

358156hp posted this 08 April 2016

Made in Finland-Lapua

Attached Files

galenaholic posted this 07 July 2016

I too was wondering who made Herter's brass. A while back I snagged 5 boxes of Herter's 7x57 and it too says MADE IN SWEDEN on the boxes. Spent a few hours trying find out who made it but as has already been said Norma is the only maker in Sweden. At least that was all I could find out. Seems to be good stuff but until I load some and shoot it, I'll withhold and judgement.Paul B.

Attached Files

gnoahhh posted this 07 July 2016

A family of elves, cousins of the Keeblers, living in a forest 200km north of Stockholm made Herter's brass. They worked only by the light of full moons, in workshops made of twigs and ferns. No one ever saw them- they would stack the brass out by the highway for pickup in the morning by George L. Herter's trucks. You know, the ones that said “World's Best” on the license plates.

Attached Files

Close