This is the .44-40 bullet 43-230EB profile and length, with the only changes being to increase diameters to be appropriate for the .45 Colt.  The .452 driving band dimension on the drawing is the minimum diameter expected as-cast in 1:30 tin/lead alloy. With tolerance being up to +0.002” on diameters, this bullet can be used as-cast and unsized in older revolvers or rifles with large throats, and requires only minimal sizing for use in modern revolvers such as Rugers.

Lubricant capacity is adequate for rifle use with Goex powder using SPG lube.  The substantial crimp groove makes it suitable for smokeless loads, where the longer shank of the bullet will take up some of the excessive free airspace in the case, when using smokeless, to improve ignition.

There is also a similar 45-260C bullet, but I wanted a bevel base for ease of loading and a stronger base band, hence this my adaptation of John's well proven heavy .44-40 bullet which has been so successful in my .44-40 and .44 Magnum rifles.

Any of you reading this who are serious .45 Colt black powder shooters I would like to send bullets to you to get feedback for Tom at Accurate.  PM me with address and I will send naked, as-cast and unsized bullets for you to load as suits you once mold arrives!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia